Advice on Box for 12" Cerwin Vega's

Username: Nordy

Post Number: 1
Hey peeps!

I have just bought some 12" VMAX Cerwin Vega's, I need an enclosure for these and would like some advice and where to get one? Is ported or sealed reccomended? whats the difference?

Also what amp do you guys reccomend running these subs as my budget is limited to $200 max.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1067
Cerwin Vega recommends the following boxes:

Sealed: 0.7 cubic feet

Ported: 1.0 cubic feet -- 2X 3.5" ports @ 26" (Both boxes should be lined with filler such as dacron).

Sealed will be tighter and more accurate and ported will have higher output and get deeper. That sub calls for 600 RMS, not sure if you got the 2 ohm or 4 ohm model.

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 530
send a mail to CerwinVwga, a friend of mine made a box with the dimensions on their website then he mailed them to thanks them, they sent him a mail with better dimensions for his box, if i can i would post the file, but i think it will be easuer for you to mail them.

Post Number: 2
Thanks guys I have the 2ohm Subs, any idea's where I can get the right box? should I go vented or sealed in your opinions? its going in a Chrysler 300. Also what amp do you guys think?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 158
talk to cerwin vega about the box, the first 3 user manuals that they make for all of their subs are compleatly off, it said to put my stroker pro in a .75 cubic foot sealed box in the original users manual....

Post Number: 4
Back to top about amps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us