CHAD LEE BOX HELP

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 566
ok i have heard that you took out your back seat and built a box for your subs. how did you do it? what did you support it with. did you build something over the seat? i really want to do this so i can have more room for a ported box for my Q's. is there any tips that you can help with??

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12177
take out your backseat. then make a platform to set the box. make sure that platform is secured to a very solid place. cut the board in the shape of the backseat area so it covers it without leaving any space.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1435
yeah... chad i recomended u :-)

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12178
thanks justin.

you can kinda see the platform i made. i covered it with vinyl and when i moved the box around it got allscratched. you can't see it cause of the box anyways.

the pioneer sub was a temp sub.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2351
^why only a temp sub? THose beat harder then the BTLs!!!!!

jp

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 224
hey now lets not smash on pioneer... 143 tl'd with one 12 ho es

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 567
ok would i bolt it down to my car or what? i want it to look good so does anyone have a website where i could like design it?

and chad do you have any more pictures of like the process of building your box??

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12185
sorry man. i never took pics of my box progress.

yes you want to bolt it down. God forbid you get in to an accident, you don't want that thing flying at you.

first take out your backseat. see how things are. then you design a platform that will fit in that area perfect. all cars are different.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 569
yea that was a dumb question haha. but i will take a look at it and see what i can do. btw what kind of subs do you have now?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12188
2 loaded btl 15s on 2 memphis 4kw.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/346644.html

http://com4.runboard.com/becousticsfam.f17.t190

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 571
shyt that box is amazing...who built it for you???

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 572
and what do you think would be louder, if i had them facing like yours or if they were facing up. i kinda want to face them up or one a slant

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12189
this guy named chad geary. his shop is around 30 minutes from my house. it is built like a rock.

i used to have them facing up but chad told me it would be louder with the sub firing forward and the port way in the top back. he was right.

you can face them in a slant too. it should work. port the top though. also make sure your box pushes up against the back wall so there is no gap between the box and the entrance to the trunk. my box is built with a slant on the back so it pushes up against the entrance of the trunk perfectly.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 573
well the back of my seats would be straight up and down so i dont think i would have to slant it at all...btw how much did it cost you?? would there be anyway you could have him build me one haha? what are the specs one the box too?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12191
well i paid $320 for the box. but that included him doing some stuff afterwards and also using the termlab to test. i am going back there again this satuday so he can do some more work on it.

he can't make it and ship cause he needs to measure you car. he measured my car and made it fit perfectly.

if it isn't too long to drive to chicago, then i am sure mark potts can do something awesome for you. in that kinda install, its best to get something that fits just right.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 574
chicago is like 3 hours away so i might be able to talk to him. how much do you think it would cost me to have everything built?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12192
from what i've heard from people on this forum, he is pretty fair with his prices. why don't you ask him.

http://www.spkrman.com/abouttcabboxes/

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 577
does he have his own shop or something?? thats sweet. well thanks for all of your help.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12193
np man. i am sure he has some kind of a shop.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 588
hey chad how did you make the base that fits over the rear seat...did you just put a piece of wood over it and secure it down?? could you give me some tips or draw a quick picture of it cuz i cnat really see it in those other pictures

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12234
i didn't put the board over the rear seat. i took out the seat first. then i got some 2 x 4s and made the bass. then i fasten the board on to the 2 x 4s.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 589
yea i didnt mean the actual seat...my bad but how did you get the 2x4's so that they wouldnt move around...the metal under my seat isnt exactly even all the way across, there is a hump in the middle. i guess i will just have to try some stuff out and see how it works.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12238
i got a long metal screw and screwed it down to a very solid metal piece on the bottom.

have you take your seat out yet? like i said before, take your seat out first and examine to see what you have to work with.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 592
yea i took everything out of my trunk cuz im going to dynamat it in a few days when i get the stuff...but i can take pics for you and show you what i have to work with. maybe you could give me some suggestions.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12244
cool. take some close up and farther away pics so we can get a good view of everything.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 593
and also what would i do to seal the trunk...would i jsut use some wood?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12247
yeah you can use wood. for me the box seals the trunk fine.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 594
do you have an email chad cuz i dont know how to put pictures on here...photobucket doesnt let me browse through my own pictures and i dont know anyother sites.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12266
twin5869@sbcglobal.net

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 595
did you get my email chad?

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 596
does anyone know a site where i can design a box with the subs forward and the port up??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us