Wal Mart amp kits

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Dont forget to check m...USA

Post Number: 2565
Are the Schoche ones any good, or they do have one Monster Cable kit that says its good for up to 500 watts..The Monster one is about $40, the Schoche is about $30

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1437
Waste of money

Gold Member

Post Number: 2566
both??

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1432
monster cable>schoche

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6131
Wires are made almost the same way. Look at the number of strands.
You can pay $150 or $40 and it'll sound the same. Don't get fooled by sneaky marketing ad.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 390
i dont think the schoche wire is that bad. i was pushing a directed 1100 on a 4 gauge 600 watt rms wire kit, and it melted the fuse holder but worked the whole time lol ( back when i was a noob) :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2567
Canaan has a good one at the sound shop where he works for only $40, prob gonna get that...btw, he said 8ga would be good enough for my system. thank God, cause a 4ga is $80.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 1039
Ive got the 4 gauge schoche kit it is actually 5 gauge wiring but it works fine for me. The RCAs arent the best but I have never had a problem with them.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12152
wire is wire...Like Isaac said strand count is what really matters

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 386
http://knukonceptz.com/ go there cheaper and better RCA, unless you need them now

Gold Member

Post Number: 2569
cant do knukonceptz. u gotta have a credit card or paypal.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2361
SG it melted the fuse holder because the wire was to thin, you really dont want your power wire getting how at all, if it would of got hot somwhere u didnt see and made contact with the frame.... somthing could go but any cable is just about as good as the next stuff... just the flexibility and very very slight voltage drop you might see at the end of the cable as opposed to the alternator..and the heat resistance temperature of it... and resistance of the power wire..which i think is pretty much responsible for the tiny voltage drop.

Goto a local shop ussualy they have rolls of cable you can just by it by the foot..

Anybody got the link for general cable size\length for amount of power needed?

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 392
http://www.the12volt.com/info/recwirsz.asp

there you go...

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 393
if you dont have a creditcard apply for one... lol
or just ask someone you know to buy it for you and you pay them in cash... i did that for a friend of mine.

Bronze Member
Username: Djhasanicesoundsystem

Vista, Ca Usa

Post Number: 89
or you can use a debit card

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 219
Wolfman.. friends dont let friends shop at walmart...

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4056
im 99% sure knukonceptz takes money orders if not go with hifisoundconnection.com they take them

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 167
yea i get most of my audio stuff from them, recently got some 0ga go with them you won't be disappointed!

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 618
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15609

there is a good cheap amp kit for 69.99, comes with 20ft 0/1 power wire and everything else

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 404
killa i know it wasnt good. This was about 3 years ago when I was a super noob and didnt know any better. I got nice 1/0 gauge now :-)

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 599
I've got the wal-mart 4 guage kit running 2 400 watt amplifiers and it works fine for me. It's seriously not that bad alot of people go "oh wal-mart sucks that wire sucks blah blah"...wire is wire its all about strand count. For the 800 watts I'm running it works fine. I didn't have to bend over and spend 120$ for some slightly better hooker wiring at the local shop either.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 989
I have used their kit several times for different people's installs. Never once had a problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Post Number: 60
yeah i got that 5 guage wiring kit too. it works just fine. i got it on a 1200 watt rockford amp. 30 dollars well spent. plus i wanted to get everything hooked up and all i had was like 40 dollars so i said screw it ill just get it.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2371
As far as buying stuff at walmart... i think the only thing i ever bought there was some live lobsters..... yummy
haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 2571
5gauge?? wtf. never heard of that, it goes from 8 then to 4, can't even find a 6 if I needed it....btw, callled all 3 local audio places and they all said that 8ga would be good enough, even when i go to the 400 watt amp. Canaan said the same thing, and since a 4ga is $80 and I can get a 8ga for $40.......well gonna go with the 8ga
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us