Solobaric S15D

Bronze Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 77
Alright I have a Solobaric S15D (400rms) it's the stillwater (circle model) and the box I have it in is way to big and the port size is to big so should I stuff the box with heavy Books and close the port or should I rebuild another ? and also the sub is facing up towards the reardeck and a slot port facing the right side.....do you think subs hit harder and sound better rear firing? and it's like when I turn on system and step outside the car I barely hear anything and when I get back in I hear the bass alot lot more............so is it because the direction of the sub or the amount power it is getting (like 200w). But my friend has a Visionik 12 and a RF 20w amp and I can hear him before he pulls in the yard and he has a durabrand HU (wal-mart for like 50) it's only 50watts

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 918
No books...rebuild that thing.

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 182
Hahahahahahahha I thought my setup was bad... nah jus kiddin yea I wond3er da same thing I have 2 L7's and u can't hear mine as good outside as other ppls systems with way worse setups than I have... I wonder y

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Earth

Post Number: 585
open the windows then loli had a kicker and i had it installed to face the seat and i would put the seats down from there u can hear it outside alot but kicker suxxed so i sold them but they did help me when i was in need of bass

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 920
Isn't the point of the system to hear it INSIDE the car? It's there for your enjoyment...not the annoyance of others. I like bass as much as any of you, but I don't neccesarily want to hear yours in my car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
My seats dnt fold

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 921
What does that have to do with anything?

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
Dru said he rides wit his seats down so I replyed

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 923
Got it...sorry.

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 591
then wut u can do is get a bandpass box that gets ported to ur back seats and go thru ur seats to let air in ur cab or get new subs what car u got

im wit ben tho id rather me hear it more than outside reason i rode wit seats down is i felt more bass than wit them up

i want my car to be when u open the door booooom u surprised by the bass thats y edead will be my friend

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 78
yeah I know it should be played mostly for the enjoyment of me but..... don't sometimes you like to show off just a little. alright and another question WHAT ARE THE POINT OF Y ADAPTORS I know they turn the signal into mono but would this affect the bass production and give you better deeper bass almost like a mono channel amp which to me is made for mostly bass really what I am asking is how will this affect your system (I know this is commonsense for you guys)

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 79
Yeah DRU I have a Saturn SL2 1998 model it's a small car but I like it my backseats fold down and my HU is Pioneer 2900mp and I have RF 6.5 interior speakers....6x9's don't fit in reardeck but it's a nice car I am trying to fix it up I have 5% tint back windows and 35 up front

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 592
alot of people here agree that kicker arent to good but opening the back seats and put the sub in the way back facing the seats that worked really good for me mostly i did it to increase the bass i felt not outside but it got loud outside if u got money u should get a dif sub

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 80
Alright I will see if I can sell it and the amp and get me a better sub and amp

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1581
^^^^^^^^

Good call. And when you do get sometihng better, DO NOT listen to Dru DON"T get a bandpass box!

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
I am getting some new subs I'm trying 2 get two Fi Q's and ill turn my subs around andsee how it sounds

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 81
Good Looking I will do that I am really looking at the Maw 15's they look decent and I could build a box at my old teacher shop he only charge like $10 a box of any size,shape,or design and you can use all the tools and even the fiberglass

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 595
yea dont listen to me on the bandpass i ment just cut a lil port in the back seat that is what ima do more like a long hole that runs in a line friend has a lincon town car he did the same and it gets louder now

but he took back seat out im keepin them in and cuttin thru the seats also then ima put sumtin over it so it doesnt ook like it was cut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpDLAsANbrM
sumtin like that

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 596
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpojnUsgO8c

but that would really only be good wit sq subs there is also this crazy @$$ bandpass boxhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwbtUqZjxGc

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1615
Some bandpass boxes, if built exactly right, can sound good. But 99% are made to be loud at one frequency, and sound like sh!t.......

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 83
yea you guys are right I will just stick to building my own and can I use plywood for the box ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
No you have 2 use MDF like 3/4 I think... its more flexible and airtight and other things but u defintely cannot use plywood...

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 606
yea go to local home depot/ lowes and get sheets of 3/4 mdf and dont get birch

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 91
Alright I did I am going to my old teahcer to Build the 15' sub box.....But if a sub doesn't suppose to be in a ported box can you still do this and it sound good ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us