Help With Choosing Amp

Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 8
Hey I have 2 12" Sony Xplod POS's in my trunk right now. I am looking to get an amp that can push these until they blow then use the same amp for some nicer subs. Preferably 2 12" RF or maybe some W3s or something later on. Anyway these Sonys say they can handle around 350 RMS but i doubt they can. I looked at a few amps for these and here are their specs. Which would you guys choose? Also consider price and future value.

Kenwood 800peak 230W RMS x 2 @ 2
$188

Pioneer 760peak 190W RMS x 2 @ 2
$150

Rockford Fosgate 900peak 150W RMS x 2 @ 2
$236

Ok the RF has higher peak/lower RMS. Also higher price. Is the Kenwood and Pioneer overrated or just lower quality? Which would you pick and WHY. THanks~!

-Duff

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2916
if all you have to choose from are those three, take the RF.
the other two suck.

Silver Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 135
if your running just subs, then you get a 1 channel mono class d amp. RF 501bd is 500 watts rms, and isnt much more than the RF u listed, at the right online store.

Michigan America!

Post Number: 9
ok so the other 2 are crap . is that just because who made them. this RF amp puts out less than both and the 501bd puts out more also. it is older i assume so which should i go with if the prcies are the same?

The new Punch p3001 or p3002 (difference is just in channels, same output)

The 501bd.

Also WHY would you choose this amp. Thanks.

-Duff

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2927
yes, because kenwood nor pioneer make very good amplifiers.
RF is at least reliable if not that great in general. The prices are fair though and the amp will do as advertised, and do that pretty well.

RF is a better made amplifier, and will last you a lot longer.

if your two subs are both 4 ohms, go with a mono amp
if each is 4+4 ohm DVC or 2 ohms, go with the 2 channel amp

Username: Car5_14

Post Number: 5
try to find a legacy i have a 2400 watt amp hook up to 2 12's and it sounds great

someone
Unregistered guest
stay away from Legacy. they are a sorry brand. That is why they are cheap. 2400 watt Legacy would be lucky to get 600 watts out of it.

Michigan America!

Post Number: 10
ok they are both are 4 ohm so i will get the mono. would this still be wired in parallel i suppose? and i also suppose the mono amp has 2 sets of outputs??

thanks Wolf ...

-Duff
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us