Ampifier power cabling


Unregistered guest
Hello all, hope you guys can help me, i just bought an Infinity reference RA6006 amp, the wiring kit i got has 4 gauge power cable but with massive termination rings, theirs no way i can fit that on the ampo end as its much too big, so my question is, how do you terminate 4 gauge cable at the amplifier end? I can't find anywhere in the UK that sells a smaller ring to fit 4 gauge. Also does anyone know what 4 gauge cable is in mm2?
Thanks from the UK


Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3029
Registered: Dec-03
what you want is a fused power distribution block that splits from 4AWG in to 8AWG out.
then just run a short line of 8 gauge to the amplifier from the block.
remember the cable size is based on both current draw, and distance run, so for the short length, 8awg is sufficient.

4AWG is .2043 inches in diameter
8AWG is .1285 inches in diameter
an inch is two and a half centimeters.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us