Trunk ratteling.

Bronze Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 89
I just put in my FI SSD 15" (vids coming soon) and I only have one problem, my trunk sounds like it is about to fly off. I know there is dynomat and edead, but I'm looking for something I can get here locally. Is there anything that works that I can buy from a place like lowes or home depot (etc). And is there anything that stops the hatch from ratteling (thats what is making the most noise)

**Also, if there is anyone good at tuning an amp and a headunit together (I want to make sure I'm getting the most out of my sub) Please post with some advice.**

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 495
Nice to hear about the ssd. what kind of amp do you have powering it?
I think they sell peal n seal at home depot.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 533
The edead will get directly shipped to your house. just so you know. I hope thats local enough for you unless you don't want to wait for shipping but I would because it will still be less expensive than buying from a store. JMO

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
I got a hifonics BXI 1206D. The sub sounds nice, but I know it can get louder. I just dont know how to setup the headunit to get the most out of my sub.

Sinful, I really don't want to wait for shipping. I I was hopefully wanting to get it by friday. You know anywhere I can get some Edead that has fast shipping?

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 154
i was looking for peel n seal or something similar at home depot couldn't find it, i asked like 3 workers and they dint know wtf it was. I haven't gone to lowes but im gonna go tommorrow its like 15 bucks a roll.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 155
what kind of head unit do you have by the way?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
My head unit is a Pioneer DEH-P6800MP

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 132
Yea I used peel n seal it works great I got it at lowes its in the roofing section the workers told me thy didn't have anything like tht and I looked my self and found it.. Its like 14 dollars a roll... 6 " by 25ft... for a whole trunk you'll need like 3 or 4 rolls... I highly recomend it

Bronze Member
Username: Followyoursole

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 87
I took out the liner on my trunk lid and put scraps of cloth, fabric in the holes of the trunk. I bascially stuffed the whole trunk inside. My trunk is heavey as hell and stopped rattling as bad. Then I changed amps and subs, pushing 1000 watts. The trunk rattles even more then before..... Im probably gonna try that peel and seal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us