OT: lowering a 4x4

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 607
would i jack up anything on my blazer if i was to put 20"s on it and lower it 3" on the front and 2.5" on the back... during winter i would lift it back up to reg. hight

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Funky Town, TX United States

Post Number: 402
firsr off i would say no but wahts the point in lowering a 4x4?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11661
don't lower it. raise it. lol.

Upload

this pic belongs to jessie D. you cannot use this pic without the written consent from jessie D.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 412
no, it's quite possible to do, although it would jack up my feelings and completley ruin the point of the 4x4.. lol. just look for a drop kit for a 4x4 blazer from your model year. i'm sure you can find one pretty easily. also, be sure make sure the 20's will not rub the wheel wells when you turn if you drop it, that's something most people don't think about when dropping cars and adding big rims.

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 823
thats what i was going to ask you. there is not point

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Funky Town, TX United States

Post Number: 403
how about just get a air lift kit and you can raise and lower it all year round.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 620
I like raised trucks...just my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 248
Certain Trucks i liked raised and certain ones i think look betta lowered my friend has a blue chevy tahoe lowered and it look really sexy now and f 150-450 jacked up is ment to be

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
but now ur's can look both good lowered-http://www.minitruckinweb.com/features/0307mt_1989_chevrolet_s_10_blazer/

And Raised-http://www.mrmoms.org/OcalaTrip/BlazerHers.jpg
GetTTER DONE

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2080
Both of those trucks are damn ugly.

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
Those r just two examples a lowered and a raised car thats it pay no attention to the car paint or w/e else i no they both ugly look at what were descussin one lowered on raised

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 242
Raise the mofo and throw on some 44" tires

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11671
this is what you should do with a 4 x 4.

Upload

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 608
but its a lil blazer... i think they look ugly lifted... i even thought they looked ugly with big rims till i saw one... but someone told me that the old blazers have 2 bolts on the front that you can loosen to drop 2 inches so i might just get 2" blocks for the back

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 609
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/764273

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9784
I have lifted many vehicles and its not as easy as lowering it for the summer and raising it for the winter. Unless you put in airbags and you wont get a drastic drop or increase in hight but you will get a better ride. To lower a car you need to cut the existing springs or get new ones, change the upper and lower control arms, change the sway bars, and new trac bar. I love lifted trucks, I have had a few in the past, aswell as curent. That pic of the old bronco is SWEET:-)

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 610
i like lifted trucks to and lowered.. and sports cars.. and lowriders... i like different style for different cars and in my eyes a blazer should be dropped.... now if i had a 2500 hd desiel duramax then that thing would be in the air.... and the honda i have has a full body kit... and the regals and impala i have got spokes on them... andd for some reason i think the blazer should be dropped... i feel the same way as you guys about droppin a 4x4 but i just don't see this one lift sry... and thanks alot for all the help

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 492
Longo, whats your favourite truck to lift?

Doin my 96 f-350 now :P

Next project: 2007 Chevy Colorado ( or gmc canyon, w/e.)

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 611
oh ya i forgot to ask.. do any of you guys know were i can get a roll pan for this with the side caps... its a 97 blazer

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9788
if you really want to drop a blazer I suggest you go 2wd, without the front drive shaft and transfer case you can get it lower. I like the fords lifted, but my favorite would have to be my dodge ram 2500 quad cab lifted 3 inches on 35's:-) another one of my favorites is the good ole wrangler done up right. here are a few pics of my last vehicle and my current

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9789
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1639
"a few pics of my last vehicle and my current" I only see one picture!!!

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9790
Upload

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9791
my computer is acting up and wont let me re-save the images as I shrink them to fit punk!

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 5096
^^^^Now that looks like fun!

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9792
I will add more tomorrow I just got a new hood put on so I have to take a few:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5097
Here's my truck:

Upload

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9796
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9797
nice truck Paul:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5098
Nice.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5099
Yours is nicer, by far.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9800
its a worker:-)

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 682
Chad.....the big lifted truck had no driveshafts.

Which is about as far as most ppl get when they realize their extreme lift ended up being a bigger PITA than was imagined.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9804
exactly, when you have to deal with drive shaft angle corrections it becomes a huge headache. I had to do a transfer case drop kitin my jeep to help account for the angle because I got a hell of a vibration untill I fixed it.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2322
Hmmm. I don't care what anyone says. thats a mid sized suv. its a blazer. which is like the s10 but a suv. the s10 xtreme and blazer xtreme are bad a z z. You need to drop that b!tch on some 20's atleast. www.performancecenter.com I would do shackles in the back if you can and springs in the front. Check what you can go.

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 612
thanks berny... see me and him are alike... he got the subs that i want... but now i can't get it... my girlfriend says thats to much for a single subs so imma have to settle for 2 cvxs... i'm sure i can still do a few numbers tho with those and they'd still be a good upgrade from my cvrs..... but ya.... he's also a chevy guy.. (i think b/c of his bad azz ride)

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9810
but the xtreme's are 2wd Berny so they are much more compatable with being lowered.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

U.S.A.

Post Number: 501
Go to www.summitracing.com for a lowering kit,Belltech is the best. I got my 3/3 kit there with shocks for 250-260 i forget. For a roll pan go to www.suicidedoors.com thats THE place to go for all truck stuff. BTW why 3" front and 2.5" in back? The back of mostly every car/truck sits at least 1.5/2" higher in the back it would look bad doin 3 front and 2.5 back IMO. My s10 is 3/3 and the back is still way to high for me. And the easiest and cheapest way to lower it would be springs up front and blocks in the back.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

U.S.A.

Post Number: 502
Dont forget about some nice shocks! Toxic drop shocks are good or Belltech.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 639
Kinda late...but nice truck James! Awesome...

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2323
I don't really see anything wrong with dropping a 4x4 4wd or w/e. Escalades are 4wd and people drop them. If you aren't using your car for 4x4 use, then drop it. whats wrong with that. Now you have a high gripping, lower gravity vehicle =).

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9837
when people drop escalades berny they are the 2wd models they drop(atleast the smart ones) there is to much to get in the way with a 4wheel drive truck to lower it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us