2005 equinox RF system help

Username: Kadernal

Post Number: 1
A friend just bought a system for his '05 Equinox and is asking for some help installing it. I've done installs on my own cars (volvo s40, audi s4, jeep cherokee) but never done anything with a chevy or Rockford gear like he got.

What he has-
2-Rockford p1625 components 6 1/2 for front and rear doors.
2- rockford Punch 325.2 amps
1- P112S4 subwoofer

He wants to keep the stock HU i dont think it has any RCA inputs, so will we need an FM modulator to make this work?

Im not exactly sure what the best way to hook all these speakers up to the 2 channel amps and have the sub getting enough power.

If anyone is familiar with Rockford fosgate stuff, or the chevy equinox I would appreciate some help getting set going in the right direction.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 315
why does he want to keep the stock hu? i say replace it, i think the sound quality would be much better with an aftermarket hu (not 100% on this tho)

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 316
and he needs one more amp. thos 2 2 channel will only power the front and rear speakers.

the sub is 150 watts RMS
so he needs an amp that puts out 150 watts RMS at 4 ohms.

Username: Kadernal

Post Number: 2
Yea, thats the entire reason I went back to the store with my friend, I told the guy that he needed another amp becasue he had 4 channels and he needed a 5th for the sub. The guy looked at me like I was an alien, and said that maybe I dont know what im doing.

All the components listed in my first post were picked out by the owner of the shop my friend bought his stuff at.

I told my friend to return the two rockford amps and the Sub and hopefully we'll be ordering him this stuff.

Hifonics Titan TXi4006
Hifonics Titan TXi6406
Cerwin Vega V-max 12S

and he will be keeping the RF speakers he already has... I think they are rated at 4ohms so hopefully this setup will work.

I really want him to get an Aftermarket HU, but he doesnt want to lose his factory XM. He is also planning on buying a car down the road with a nav system in it. He isnt looking to spend probably more than $150 on a HU so I dont think its really an option.

Any thoughts or help is appreciated.

Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us