SQL Sub

Silver Member
Username: Shaftofair

Post Number: 105
My other thread got pushed out. I think I've changed my mind a little and want an SQL sub to go with the Rainbow Powers. I don't know how many subs I'll need or what kinda power. It's a Chevy Suburban so I have plenty of room for 18s if needed.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1812
what is your goal? if you want 18s go with the DD9917 .... but thats if u wanna drop 1300 per sub...

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
I think it'd be a good idea to start small on subs...I may not need so much just yet. Does that really have great SQ and SPL? If you guys really think that's the way to go I could only afford 2 9918s. Would it be loud, and more importantly, sound great? I think I've decided on a Zapco C2k 9.0 for each sub if I do go that route. Before I even buy a sub I'll have to see if I like my RB Powers and if they put out enough first.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 4558
I'll say it again. I love my Mag, which is in a HT application, so yes it has great SQ, which also rattles the dishes upstairs.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1827
Well i wasnt sure of your goal, those subs would be more for daily\comp mixture they can take like 6Krms+ all day no prob and they would get loud... if not your doing somthing horribly wrong. You need a goal though, how much power will you be giving each sub, how much room do you have, how many subs do you want, what size. I just said those because you cant go wrong with those if you have the money... but im sure you can find somthing else a little easier on the pocket if your not trying to feed them that much power lol

Silver Member
Username: Dreamtheater

Post Number: 128
18" Rl-p's are just coming out :D

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
How would you consider using lots of cheaper SQ subs (300-500) to do compared to like 2 ultra expensive SQL subs with the same total power? With full power on each sub?

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
Would I be able to fit 8 Fi Q's in there?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4654
The box would be HUGE!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
That's why I asked...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4656
If I remember right, they suggest 6-10 cu's ported per sub. 4-8 sealed. That's alot of mdf and bracing!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
Maybe 4 subs would be a better option? This is with the same 4400w as before.

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 391
herd the JL 13 W6 is the best SQ sub on the market. but from the looks of this, it looks like you want it even louder. ive also herd that anything above 140 isent good quality anymore. its just loud.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1893
Just get a couple TC-5200s and give each a 9.0. You could upgrade later. If it's not enough, you scare me.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4282
4 Fi Q Ported and you're done. 4 15"s

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 365
4 DD 9515's n' 4 orion 2500d's. 2 hc2400 batts n' a 1200 under the hood of the car. big 3 n' ur done. have a good day mate

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 204
oh my if the 18 rl-p's are coming out then get them, they are super sexy and are also an awesome sql sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
I looked at it and it looks similar to TC-Sounds? Made by them?

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1925
You need AT LEAST 6 rl-p's or TC-5200s!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I'm just Krazy with a K!

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
Wow guys I recently had my new HT installed and I am FLOORED! It sounds so realistic up to high levels and I want to try to match that performance with a subwoofer! Are there subwoofers I can put in a minimum sized sealed box that wouldn't lose performance if I gave them enough power? I want to try to leave some space, but at the same time want it to be good SQL. 6 18's??? I don't think I have have space. Are there drivers that would still be awesome if I only put 2 in a small box with lots of power to save space?

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 394
How about 2 RD Audio Alpha 18's. 2 of them tuned to 30hz on a IA 40.1 hit a nice 150 hehe. They will take up to 3000 rms daily. 2 MAG 15's would be a nice way as well, just depends on budget for subs and amp. Shoot me an email if want more info.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
Hi again. Would it work to get 4 Fi BTL or 4 RE MT? Would I be better off with XXX or maybe the Mags kevin suggests? I'm liking these Fi subs, they look like a great value!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us