Starting Out

Username: Supermayne

Post Number: 1
Im lookin on purchasing my first system. I am not going to purchase anything online, only from a store in my local area. I went to a store that sells MTX subs and i found 2 15" 5500's for $339.98 . And the MTX tc 6001 amp for $449.99 I have a 2002 ford focus 4door w/trunk. How is this going to sound in my car? if you have any suggestions please tell me.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3591
how's it going to sound? not to good to tell the truth. why stuck with only buying locally if you don't mind? and what other brands could you get? and to let you know mtx subs suck.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1027
Steele

Thats way to much money for 2 15" MTX and MTX TC6001. RIPPOFF RIPPOFF

There way better for the money.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1028
Steele

How much do you want to spend?

Post Number: 2
i want to keep it under $1300

Post Number: 3
around here DD,Alpine,Crossfire,Diamond,MTX,Kicker,JL, and some others are available.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 521
DD subs and Crossfire amps would be sweet if you can work them under that budget.

Lightyears beyond MTX and Kicker subs.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2206
or he can do DD and Kicker amp. I would probaly go with the 2500 series DD subs and a amp to match that.

Post Number: 4
I think i may just get two 12" 1500 series DD's with a 1000watt alpine amp. A custom box made for the DD subs, and a pioneer premiere hu. i think the 2500's may be too expensive for me. the guy wants $160 each for the 1500's, does that sound right?

Post Number: 5
?

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1142
I would go with kicker amps over alpine amps but thats JMO

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3603
second the kicker amp over the alpine^^ but if spending $160 on 1500's, why not spend about another $20-25 on a 2500? i'd go with 2 2512's and (i know you said you'd want to buy local) a sundown 1500d amp, only $499 shipped new with warranty. and from everything i've ever read on sundown you should never have a need to use the warranty. that'll only run you about $900 for subs and amp.

Post Number: 7
oh alright i didnt know they were only $25 more. Thanks man i appreciate it. $900 is exactly where i wanted to be with subs and amp.

Post Number: 8
oh alright i didnt know they were only $25 more. Thanks man i appreciate it. $900 is exactly where i wanted to be with subs and amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us