Anyone resin over GreatStuff?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2504
I am installing my TCAB box in a semi-permanant install but I will need to use Great Stuff to fill the gaps so I can seal off the trunk. After It cures I will shape it with a cheese grater and then glass/resin the outside. After all said and done it should be hard as hell and mostly permanant them I will carpet/mount electrical sh!t, what ya all think? Polo. :-O

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11753
just make sure ur ready for it to be mostly permanent...lol no turning back after its done...

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 4520
Yeah that stuff is awesome, mainly because of its' rigidity after setting. Have fun "uninstalling" it.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2506
Who said it was coming out? lol

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 4527
^^^You said it was a semi-permanant install. I missed something, didn't I?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2507
Oh ya, I am going to use plastic lexan on the box sides so once it cures I will remove it to glass/resin the rest then use liquid nails to hold it in later. This will allow complete removal later on for box replacement but the wall wall be permanant. The box that is going in there is the absolute largest I could get in there unless It is made deeper so the opening will never be touched again, just build a new box and slip it right in, then reglue. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1807
wear gloves!!!!!!! that sh!t wont come off your hands for weeks of scrubbing.... but u prolly kno that already lol

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1346
Sure it does Killa!You just have to scrape off a few layers of skin along with it :-)

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1202
dude i had a can of that sh!t explode on me lol its all over my garage... got on my coat and all my tools. if u get it on u DO NOT try to wipe it off.... just wait till it dries and it will chip off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us