=[ System not working

Bronze Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 19
Well my system hasnt been working sence i jump started my car. well i thought maybe it was where i placed the ground wire because i changed the place. well that wasnt it. now i have no clue whats wrong. My amp is not getting any power and the no light comes on on the amp? i checked everything i could think of. i also have a stock headunit witch i am using and it didn't have rca inputs. so i had the local car shop install a peice that hardwires into the wires that go into the radio. and on the other side of the peice it has rca cables. so idont now whats wrong i hope one of you do because im clueless

sorry for long post lol

Jack

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 290
check ur fuses

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 291
on the amp and the fuse from your battery back to your amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
i checked the fuses

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Anyone else got any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5993
Jack don't guess. Get a DMM and measure the power going into the amp. If it reads 0v, then the main fuse is blown. If you see 12.5-14.4v, then the fuses on the amp is blown. If all the fuses are good, then the amp is blown. With electronics, it doesn't take much to blow. A voltage spike sometimes is enough.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Well i have two Amplifiers so i know both of them are not blown because the Sony Xplod one powers on and does nothing and the Pyle doesnt power on and the Pyle i havent had hooked up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/jcoleman134/SSPX0033.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/jcoleman134/SSPX0035.jpg[/IMG]

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/jcoleman134/SSPX0033.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/jcoleman134/SSPX0035.jpg[/IMG]

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9421
are you sure your remote wire is good?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Im not 100 percent sure. i just dont understand why my Sony Xplod Powers on but doesnt work at all. And the Pyle doesn't do anything

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

KINETIKLos Angeles, CA

Post Number: 10972
like isaac said, get a dmm and check to make sure your amps are getting power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Ok i will. i'll probably get one tomarrow.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
I had my amp hooked up today and i turned the radio on and went and looked at my amp and evertime the bass hit the power light would dim. So im thinking i need a new battery and then the amp would be getting enough power to power the subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
What i posted above ^^^^ Could that be a reason my sub isnt getting powered?

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9500
bad ground

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Wouldn't the protection light come on though?

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9511
no

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
oh ok thanks man.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9516
no problem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
I just tried 3 different ground spots and as soon as i touch metal with the ground the power light would come on and the keys were not in the ignition. Sub would still not Play. Im not sure why its not working. Does anyone know what the problem might be? could it be my RCA cables? Also since i have a stock Headunit i have a little box that the car audio shop installed that hard wired into the wires that go into the radio so i can plug rca cables into it. and theres a light in the box that is red. im thinking that it should not be red. http://peripheralelectronics.com/prodDetail.asp?strProductID=573&strSearch= Thats the little box i was talking about.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5997
Did you get a DMM and do the test as I suggested?
It's not a difficult problem.
You first need to figure out if the amp is good.
Using DMM, measure the pos and neg(ground). See if you get 12.5v or higher. If you do, connect a temp wire to the pos cable and connect it to the amp's remote terminal. That should cause it to power up. If that happens, get a portable cd player and connect the headphone jack to amp's input terminal using 1/8" to rca converter plug (common for computer's sound card). Turn on the cd player and see if there's sound. If the amp doesn't shut down, then you have a working amp.
If the amp fails the above test, get another amp. Repeat till you have a working amp.
Now try connecting the rca cable from the converter box (connected to your HU). If the amp starts to shut down, then you have a short or signal overload.
Check the gain/level is set correctly.
That should solve your problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
I havent been able to get a DMM because everywere i go the dont have it. i went to autozone, pepboys, and even walmart. no body seems to have it. and to the cd player test, im confused lol sorry. and how do i check the gain level?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
I tried jumping my amp's + terminal to the REMOTE terminal and my amp powered on so i think i fried my remote ciruit in my head unit.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9518
you shouldnt have a remote circuit in a stock head unit. Take your remote wire and run it to the fuse box. Take out the radio fuse, stick the wire in and put the fuse back in and see if that solves your problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
oh ok ill try it. Thanks alot man.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Oh, The amp will still power off when the car is off key is out of the igniton right?

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9529
thats what the remote wire is for to turn it on and off with acc power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Wow i feel real dumb right now haha. So when i do this my subs should work if my amp isnt mess up right. Sorry for so many questions.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9558
provided everything else is good and it was your remote wire then yes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
My system works now . But my amp isn't turning off? not sure why.? Thanks to everyone who helped out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5998
It's cause your remote wire is constantly supplying voltage to the amp. You need to attach that to your ignition wire/accessories. That way, when you turn off your car, it powers down also.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Do can i put it where the fuse is for the ignition?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
^^So*

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9563
yeah you have it wired to a 12volt fuse not a acc fuse. do you have one that says radio on it? if so go to that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6001
James, have you seen Jeep Wrangler 4 door series? It looks really good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
i put it on the radio one. but it still doesnt shut off.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9587
yeah the wrangler unlimited's. They look sweet. I didnt like them at first but they grew on me:-) Why you thinking about getting one?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6002
Jack, look under your steering wheel, and take the cover off. Near the ignition key, there's a wire that's connected to it. Soldier the remote wire to there, or if you have the manual, look for the ignition fuse, in the fuse panel. Until you can find that, put a manual switch on the remote wire.
Why don't you use the cig lighter plug for the remote? The centre hole connector is the pos, and that's what the remote wire needs, anything positive with a trigger.

Yea James, I really like the Rubicon model. Read the reviews on it and so far thumbs up.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9593
yeah the rubicon is nice:-) comes with 31/10.5 goodyear mtr's and front and rear lockers:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
ok ill put a manular switch on it. oh and i cant hook it to the cig lighter because that stays on all the time.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9595
go to any fuse that turns on when you turn on your ingition. A toggle switch is easy if you are comfortable with that, if not the radio fuse will work.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Yeah i gotta do something. Today my battery died :-O. Its still the battery the car came with im probably going to get a extra battery and mount it int he back of my car. but im not sure how to do that so idk. But yeah thanks for everything guys

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Yeah i have to do somthing, my battery died today. so im thinking about getting a seperate battery and mount it int he back for my system. But im not sure hot to do that. Like with the negative side of the battery. but thanks again for all your help guys.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
How**

Gold Member

Post Number: 6003
Since you couldn't find the ignition switch for your amp, you should get deepcycle battery. That way, if it gets drained, you won't have to buy another one. Just recharge it.
To connect 2 or more batteries, get identical model and size, then wire them in parallel, pos to pos and neg to neg. It is better to get an isolator so that the starter battery and the aux battery do not see each other.
Go read at bcae1.com.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Ok Thanks. do you know how to hook a remote wire to a switch. [IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/jcoleman134/SSPX0039.jpg[/IMG] Thats the switch i have.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
nevermind i got it. Thanks for everyones help on getting my system working again. I appreciate it alot.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9618
good luck man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us