No power to amp

Bronze Member
Username: Sidmeister

Post Number: 53
Ok, here is the deal, i took a test light to see why my amp isnt turning on and it has power for a fraction of a second, and then turns off, I checked the fuses first none are blown. I tested 2 amps to see if it might have been the amp causing it, but to no success....can someone help me, i dont think the amps are fried either

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 395
Wires? Check Power/Ground, possibly relocate your ground. Also, bridge power to Remote.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1316
do as tyler said, and touch ur testlight to the power and then ground it sumwhere other tahn ur amps ground wire, this will let u kno if u hav a problem in teh power wire or the ground wire.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
I grounded my test light to the car and tested the power, no success...

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2165
try the remote definitely, i had that type or problem once and it was remote wire. bridge + from amp to the remote on the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 931
sounds like ur remote wire...i littereally fixed mine a few hours ago..that little bastarddd is a pain in the asssss somtimes

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 666
you check the power at the battery? is it making good connection? where it meets the batter is it clean/wet? u se sand paper.bbq brush to clean it up some if its messy...

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3655
im betting remote

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
it has a good connection at the battery and the remote wire is in, the ground is good, but the amp wont power on still, it flashes on and then turns off....its really pissin me off....

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 403
Did you just install the equipment?
If not, what did you change?
You try bridging Power to Remote?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
i got it workin again...turns out that the fuse holder some how let the fuse bounce around...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us