Clifford G5 - Extra chirp on Arm ??

Username: Mikecoscia

NJ

Post Number: 1
I can reproduce the problem every time and know what is causing it, just don't know how to fix. Every time I disarm my car and re-arm it without starting the car up I get a third chirp. For example I need to get something out of my car, disarm, take it out, arm it again, 2 normal chirps and a third that is slightly higher pitched.

Now it only happens when the exit light mounted in the headliner is on in the car, if I wait for it to fade off after about a minute and arm the car no extra chirp. If I don't wait extra chirp. Again if I just got out of the car after it was running there is also no extra chirp on immediate arm, its only after disarming and arming again without starting the car.

Also after the extra beep if I go insert the key into the car and turn it to acc then turn it off I get one chirp like a zone has been triggered.

Any ideas how to fix this? Is it normal or is something malfunctioning in the brain?

Username: Jayno20

Post Number: 3
i have a 791xv, and mine does something similar.. it beeps one extra time if i dont wait for the dome light to go off, i read in the instruction book that theres a way to disable the function that waits for the light to be off, so if thats what u want to do look in ur manual it will tell u how to do it and it should get rid of that 3rd chirp.

NJ

Post Number: 2
Okay I looked in my owners guide, exact model number is a IntelliGuard 750. Under arming diagnostics it says this...

"The security system will ignore the input that was active when the system was armed, until the input goes away. Three seconds later the system will monitor that input normally. For example, if your vehicle has interior light exit delay, and you arm the system before the interior light goes out, you may hear Bypass Notification chirps. Once the light shuts off, however, the doors are monitored normally."

However in the diagnostics chart there is nothing for 3 chirps only 2, and 4. Anyway any I looked through the guide and can't find anything to shut it off or at least recognize what feature would shut it off.

NJ

Post Number: 4
anybody??

NJ

Post Number: 5
??

NJ

Post Number: 6
bump

Username: Turbo_boss

Panama Rep. of Panama, Panama Panama

Post Number: 2
The third chirps its only to tell you that you arm the system with a input ON........In this case your dome light is ON and your alarm sees this as a ON input

This is know as a Bypass Notification.(3 Chirps)

With Viper alarms there is a way to disable the Bypass Notification.....Since I dont have your Manual, I cant explain you how to program this feature off.

Isaac

Username: Turbo_boss

Panama Rep. of Panama, Panama Panama

Post Number: 3
Also, maybe this Bypass Notification feature is not on the Manual User but is on the Instaler Manual.

I was checking a Manual of the Hornet 727T (made also by Viper) that is a basic car alarm and you can program this feature.

This is what it say:
DOOR TRIGGER ERROR CHIRP ON/OFF: These settings control the warning chirps that is generated if the system is armed with the door trigger input active, either due to an open door or factory delayed dome light circuit.
• Error chirp ON (default): The siren will emit a single chirp after the arm and bypass the
active input when arming the system.
• Error chirp OFF: The siren will NOT emit a chirp due to an active input when
arming and will bypass the active input. This setting is helpful for vehicles with
factory delayed dome lights.
A few seconds after the input stops (delay dome light off, door closed) the system
will again monitor the door trigger input.

Isaac
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us