Need help w/ wiring 2 subs!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Camarobump

Post Number: 85
Ok, right now I have 2 DigitalAudio 12" subwoofers hooked up to a 2000w 2 ch. Nitro amp. If I crank it up, the amp will go into protection mode. I've been told its because of a low ohm load. So, I think I have the subs wired wrong. The suwoofers are dual 4 ohm, but can be put into 8 or 2 ohm operation. So how should I wire them? The subs are in a sealed box, (each side is sealed by itself) also I have the subs bridged. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 875
if they're dual 4ohm then you wanna wire em' to a 4ohm or 1ohm load

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 211
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 212
Which DA's are you powering with this amp? That amp will only feed 600wrms @ 4ohms and a doubt it even does that. If your subs are wired like pic #2, you are probably under powering the subs or your gain is set wrong, weak charging sys., etc... Could be a numerous things causing it to go into protect.

Bronze Member
Username: Bumpngrind

Post Number: 73
Well, i didn't mess with the wiring today, all i did was put the subs in a bigger box and sat em on top of the back seat and faced em towards the back up at the glass. They hit the lower notes way better, but nothing on the higher ones (i mean nothing compared to the other box which is smaller)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
How do you get a two ohm load?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
I need to know if I can put a 2 ohm load on that amplifier... please someone help me out

Silver Member
Username: Eseesai

Post Number: 310
no you cant it can only be 1ohm or 4ohm since you have the Dual 4ohms if you would of got the Dual 2ohms ones you could of gotten them to a 2ohm load

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 215
That amp will only bridge to 4ohms.

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 216
If you want to run them at 2ohms you will have to put one sub on one channel and the other sub on the other channel.
Upload

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 217
And you will only be giving each sub 200wrms instead of 300wrms each, if you wire them at 2ohms.

Sucks not being able to edit posts. Guess im just accustom to JD esigns.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us