Ohm load question

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3041
Ok.. lets say you get a component set.. in most cases are the mids and tweets 2 or 4 ohm?

that was not really the question but here it is..

lets say you have 1 tweeter and 1 mid both 4 ohms each.. now you wire them both + + - - to the x-over as you normally would wire. what ohm load will the amp be seeing?

i know that is the same as wiring parallel which would create a 2 ohm load but how does the x-over affect the overal ohm load of the components?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1976
It doesnt. It will see a 2 ohm load in most cases. Verify by DMM the sets wires after the crossover, before the amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3045
positive? so an x-over does nothing.. the amp will still see whatever the ohm load the components are wired to?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1980
Correct. Thats what my Beymas did any way. Tweet 4 ohms, mid 4 ohms Into cross over, 2 ohms out of cross over. Then I have to sets run into 2 channels making a 1 ohm load on each channel of the Zapco Z100C2. So each set sees 50 wrms according to spec, but pushes more.

Well. After reading all that I got to go check my set up. Im running 2 sets of 4-4 ohm loads,so that is a 1 ohm load x 2.
Well, checked my PDF. It is 100x2 At 1 ohm. so yes my set is what it is. My crossovers have no effect on ohm load.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3049
what did you pay for your zapco amp :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us