Blowthru or back window

Bronze Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 68
should I do a blowthru from bed to cab.I ll cut a 13"by 36inch hole and boot it with my 15 firing in to the cab right behind the seat,and some type of side firing slot port.Or take the back window out of the cab and the shell and boot it.Then build a slot ported box even with the top of the truck seat with both sub and port firing staight up.I was gonna build 3 sided enclosure over the box to keep all the sound going directly into the cab.or just fire the port and sub straight into the cab like an spl truck?I want it loud but also to sound decent.Audioque 2.5 15" on a kx600.1

Gold Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1252
if i went thru the trouble of a blowthru and runining the resale value of it i would go big alot bigger than 1 15" and ~600 watts.

Bronze Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 69
ya I thought the same but its a 1995 gmc sonoma,retail about 1500,on a good day,and ive already got my moneys worth out of it in the last 4 yrs.but ya the window can always go back in when the stereo comes out.it ll just cost more for the boot for the window cuz i need about 13 ft to go around it.and i still want to see out the back, IDK,just thought id try to get some input from the forum.

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 791
im with Mr Kebo go big or go home

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 596
Yeah I also agree. For the work that would be involved I would either get something bigger or just not deal w/ the hassle.

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1606
4get all them, blowthrough the back leave the window in and when u can go bigger!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us