Paypal question prolly dumb

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 677
this is probaly a stupid question but on ebay if using paypal, whats the worst that can happen if its a scam i.e. can they drain your account or steal your identity with paypal?

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 700
just buy from ppl who have a history of a lot of sales with a high positive feedback percentage...like 97% or better over the course of a few hundred sales or more, and you should be ok

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1933
The only way that someone could steal your money through paypal is if they got your password. But Paypal is very secure and there buyer protection is awesome. They have saved my butt like 3 times. For a total of like 800 bucks. I think it is a great system.

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 679
the link doesnt work but heres the item # 300079705464

thats what i want but i know you get what you pay for and that means its a scam but i really feel like tryin

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 552
One reason that the price is still extremely low for that is becuase it is only a 1 day auction so it has only been on ebay for about 4 hours. It will go up as the day continues.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10209
while we are on the subject of paypal. did any of you guys get a email saying you need to update your information on paypal? it also gives you a link to the paypal log on page. i didn't do anything cause it sounded fishy.

i logged off from the email and logged on to paypal from a new window. it didn't say anything about i need to update. i am thinking it was a scam to get our paypal info. just thought i'd share this with people.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1934
I get sent those things quite a lot. Scary part is the thieves are smart, because they only send them to me when I am in a dispute with someone and they say that they need to verify something about the dispute. Best way to tell if they are trying to steal your password is if the link you click goes to a page that the web address looks all messed up in the web address bar. The page itself will ALWAYS look completely authentic, but you can pretty much every time tell from the web address they send you to.

BE WARY!

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10210
i didn't know that. when i clicked on the link, it took me to a page that looked just like paypal. good thing i didn't log on. damn. just thinking about it gives me the shivers. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1084
same things happening on myspace. your page basically gets jacked and spammed to sh!t. called "phishing". IE7 has protection against it...

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 555
Yeah I get those quite a bit. With firefox the bar with the address usually turns red. I like it becuase it helps me determine what is real and what isnt. It sucks that there are so many people out there trying to scam others.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 289
As long as you fund you PayPal payments with a credit card not a bank account you are fine. Paypal's buyer protection ain't worth crap, but with a credit card you can file a chargeback with your CC company if you get scammed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us