Last few options then i can bump

Bronze Member
Username: Nkknutson

Post Number: 54
ok i got my 15"Q ordered, going with a sealed box with 2.3cuft, ran by a kicker zx1000.1. I just recieved my new alt. 190 amp "it took forever to find one for my car" Now the last question do i get a new battery and if so add it to the back next to the sub box or buy one for under the hood? I think a Kenetik 1800 will fit under my hood might have to use a 1400 though. O ha i also am going to run kicker zx350.4 for the speakers. thanks for any imput

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10510
IMO - if ur not going to be playing music loudly with engine off then 1 drycell under the hood should be good

but if u wanna park up with engine off & play then 2 is better

2 is all around better but 1 can do the job .....

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 124
I have an Optima YellowTop D34 installed under the hood and have a NINe.1 (1200rms) and NINe.2x (2x200rms) and my system plays fine with the engine off and while running

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 125
and yeah i always listen to it really loud on or off

Platinum Member

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10513
cool ^

but i meant when engine is off & ur playing ur stereo for a considerable length of time @ above moderate volume ......

Bronze Member
Username: Nkknutson

Post Number: 55
thanks for the imput. one more question will i loose much by facing the sub to the back of my suv? or should i face it up? i want to put the amp on top of the box so i would like to face it to the back.

Platinum Member

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10517
proven formular 4 loud in a suv is sub up port firing back

& putting amp on box is not advisable since after some time components in ur amp will come undone - but i bet u will se some1 posting here that they did that & their amp is till fine ,its a topic ppl like to argue about but IMO i would never do it .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us