Good power to break in DD9515

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1101
How long would it take to break in a DD9515, and with what amount of power, i want to give them 3K each but not to soon..... i will start them at 750rms@4ohm to begin (until i get my charging system upgrades) then give them 3K each within the next month or 2. Should that be long enough on that amount of power to break them in for the 3K total for each?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3302
i can break that dd with the power of my hands :-)

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1116
haha i szaid break it in, not break... if you did that id have to break your face in with the power of my ummm "front end of my blazer"

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3305
cool so that means i will have to get a new front brush grill guard so i can ram your truck and take take care of mine and probably ram your @ss and get you out of the front windshield and make you feel like superman with my explorer :-)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2856
you can just give it 3k out of the box after you warm it up a minute. but i think DD says for it to be considered broken in its 40hours of play on rated rms but you dont have to do that

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3607
yeah, let those 3K on it right away. as long as your gains are set correctly, and you have the correct charging system... it will play totally fine. BUT, expect the loudenss and SQ to slack for like 20 hours. once its broken in it will sound so nice and play louder as well. my buddy got a 2512 and let 1200w rip on it right away. it took it no problem but you could tell the suspension was kinda stiff. btw that was 1200 going to the sub with box rise. the amp was rated at 1500w.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1117
ewww why would you want to ram my @ss thats wrong man!!!!!

Well i still cant give them the #krms right away, i still have to order the second amp and more stuff for power upgrades so they will only see the 750rms@4ohm each or if my amp will run at .5ohm...dunno bout that... then probally about 4-5Krms for the pair ......

Has anyone ran tests on earthquake amps? PHD5000d, i wanna kno how stable it is at .5ohm and 1ohm.. its rated minimum is 2ohm at 3krms

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3609
if its a 2 ohm stable amp kiss running it daily at .5 ohm goodbye. i dont think running it at 1 ohm will be a good idea either. not many amps like being run under their stabilty level daily. i have no experience with this amp though so im not sure on the 1 ohm idea but im pretty positive .5 ohm daily is a for sure no.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us