New Box Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 864
I only have 3 right now but will have more tomorrow when the whole is cutout and the top is on. and also here is my subwoofer to verify that I am a 15 in wanger member!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3219
no pics FTMFL

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 4525
Lol where are they?

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 865
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 866
there they BE!!!!!!!!!!

pics FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2618
looks like you were using a dull blade :-(

but looking good!

Gold Member

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3220
niyce.
Beautiful but dusty

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 868
yes yes I was!!!!!!! the circular saw was from the 70s I swear and it prolly had the blade from then too haha, but its all I had and it was a sonofabeach to cut let me tell ya but its done and Im happy with the results. first ported box thanks to Wreak Havocs box plans it was cake.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

New sub : 1 ...

Post Number: 10393
ICE - y is that wood edge showing so many saw blade marks , u got a dull blade or what ? .....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2619
next time get yourself a good blade.. will make it easier and safer :-) ... glad to see you still have all your fingers hehe

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 869
now heres a question for ya???? people on the car audio forum said that wood glue itself is strong enough to hold the box together and there is no need for screws at all. is that true. I got the loctite stuff I think thats what it is.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10395
damn i had this page open while doing something else & u guys already posted about dull blade ...

Gold Member

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3221
lol thats what i like to hear...glad u like my box plans

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10396
yes good glue like liquid nails is tough enough so that u dont have to use screws since these joints will never come apart but wood itself will rip & joint remains intact , i have tried to remove & found it out the hard way -lol

but i rather still use screws - think of its purpose like rebar in concrete , its added strenght IMO.....

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2715
Throw dem dull blades away!!! They're dangerous!!! Are you gonna carpet???

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 870
I think Im gonna suede actually and yeah the dull blade was BAD and wont ever use it again, and I just hate putting screws in cuz its so damn time consuming and the mdf usually splits and looks like crap. Im off for a while so I will answer questions when I get back on at like 1015 or so. Peace

Gold Member

Post Number: 2620
if the joints are properly clamped wood glue bonds the joint.. it actually goes into the pores of both surfaces of the joint and creates a bond stronger than the wood.

the screws you put into the box basically act as the clamps to hold the joints together while the glue dries. normally they are just left in for extra support :-)

Silver Member
Username: Zoomiebird

15 Wanger Premier Member, FL

Post Number: 283
wow dude you need tools. screw gun (so it goes fast), counter sink (so the screw head is below wood surface), drill bit (so the wood wont split). i built my box in like 2 hours, lol and it has about 40 - 50 screws as well as liquid nails. btw get 2 inch drywall screws from the HW store.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9157
cut a strip of mdf and round the corners.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10399
well i use regular 2" gypsum/drywall screws & it goes in flush to the surface so u dont need to do any countersink holes ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 290
rovin the reason i counter sink is so it can go below the surface. then i putty and sand so paint looks good. if you were carpeting or some other cover, then you wouldn't need to counter sink.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10400
look @ my thread here https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/303483.html

& u will see what i meant - i actually fill over scew head b4 i carpet so that u wont see any dimples on the carpet's surface - i have never countersunk holes on mdf b4 since its kinda soft so screw actually pulls itself enough flush on the surface .......

Silver Member

Post Number: 292
looks good dude

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 887
Upload

there is another one of it in my car. I know its not the best and I had more but dont know what happened to them. I will post more later.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 889
ive done some testing with this puppy and though its rated for only 250 rms I am running that pg 400.1 to it and my god does it sound awesome. This is by far the loudest setup I have ever owned and with the least amount of watts all thanks to this box. I knew the box always made a difference but I never thought porting would make such a difference! Anyhow I was thinkin and there is a guy on the caraudio forum that is sellin a shocker extreme that lives near by me for 150 used in good condition. does that sound like a deal??? Its a beefy azz sub and I know its build quality is better than that of this diamond, would that be a good upgrade or what?

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 896
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 897
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 898
this forum is retarded. I posted the first ones and it said my pictures were too big, then I posted the second time and they both show up. how ghey is that chit?!?!?!?

oh well enjoy!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1599
Hey Ice T, let me know how good that amp works, I am going to be getting one for my setup soon.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 899
its amazing!!!!!!!!! I got it for 95 shipped and it was the best money ive eva spent on car audio to this day. anyhow the thing makes this 15 slam like all he11 and I wouldnt trade it for any other 400 watt amp in the world. you wont be dissapointed trust me!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10428
u seriously need to neaten up ur install ......

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

P.I.M.P , Pakistani/In...

Post Number: 317
LOL

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2804
nice, glad everything meets your needs, as for the shocker question, the xtreme will most likely be louder but the sq will be worse, so its your call. fyi if you do get the shocker you would need a bigger amp i think those are rated at 800rms.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1613
wtf did you get one for $95 shipped....musta been Ebay...grrr and I cant use Ebay

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 904
I got it off caraudio.com

another one just sold for 90 shipped yesterday. you should really look on there. people sellin stuff all the time. Id sell you mine but I love it too much.............goodluck findin one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us