Help Me Build A system foo My 93 Sonoma Extended Cab

Bronze Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 37
i just bought a 1993 gmc sonoma ext. cab. havent picked it up yet but wanna put a killer system in it, now listen my bro in law had a 89 s10 ext.cab (same as sonoma) and he was sponsored by earthquake, had two 15's and two amps runnin about 2000 watts rms each, he won the competition , against a guy with a mustang who had twice as much better and bigger equipmennt, i had two plans either i wanted to do a custom box like he did just a wall in the extended cab behind the driver/passenger seat, or put a tonneau cover over the bed, seal everything , grind off all the corners ( so its a sealed pickup bed) (no way to open it) and cut a whole in the front part of the bed that goes to the extended cab, so it will be a whole opening to the extended cab, and fill the back with a sh*t load of subs like 6 15's , prolly go with some FI's, if somebody could give suggestions, or help draw it out, or even give some better ideas, thanks to everybody on Ecoustics

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2389
We need a budget to work with... and for you to decide if you want the subs in your bed or in your cab :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 38
ok well thats what i mean i need evrybodys opinion on what would sound better, i mean just for subs and amps my limit would be around a thousand give or take a few hundred dollars, now i dont need to worry about wood fee's as i can get great deals on it, but if i was doing it in the bed i want you guys to figure out how many subs , what size, what kind, and all that stuff would sound good in there, and how many amps i should run it off and all that stuff, now , i dont mind if its in the bed or cab, i thought the bed was a good idea , but i just want it to sound good, and bed mite be better so i can fite poeple in the extended cab, thanks

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4008
Chris,

Will this truck be mainly for comps or daily dtiver?

If you will be competing...what organization do you plan to compete in? (ISACA, USACI, dBDrag?)

Get ahold of me...i will try to help you out. Early 90's sonoma's/S10's are realitivly easy to get loud if you know a few lil tricks.

marshall_white2004@yahoo.com

Alot of people in USACi stock and pro-stock classes actually like using them more than CRX's.

And like kevin said, what kinda budget are you going to have?

You can do 153dB++ w/ 2 nice 15's realitivly easy in that truck.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2483
^^ .. he can help you a lot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us