DUAL XDVD8181 BYPASS

Username: Bigshawnn216

Post Number: 2
I have a dual xdvd8181, i just got today, i installed it and grounded it from the radio harness ground, it didnt work at first, so i disconnected the unit and reconnected it, restarted the whole car, then went to factory settings an reset the factory setting, popped in a dvd and its been playing ever since

Username: Daveknowsall

Post Number: 1
Thanks Shawn! I had read the previous post about activating the ground switch over and over with the receiver off and having factory settings reset and the "feature" disabled. I tried to no avail. Then I noticed the "reset to factory settings" option in the menu, and considered whether it would do the same thing, but figured it couldn't possibly be that easy. I'll go home and try it tonight and post if I get the same results you did.

Username: Stryker2you

I created an account just to log in and comment on this thread.

I purchased the dual xdvd8181 and have tried everything EXCEPT for the pulse switch. I didn't feel like going to radio shack. I tried entering the "factory code" but that does not work. I then tried doing the factory reset from within the menu options...that too does NOT work. Finally I tried (a few times) to do the "yellow wire to ground 10-15 times" and that DID WORK. This is what I did.

I turned the car ON...not just to ACC.
I turned the 8181 OFF.
I found a good ground point on the car (somewhere without paint, I used the bolt on the door hinge).
Took the thin yellow e-brake wire and rapidly touched and removed the wire from the ground point 10-15 times.
Turn the radio on and insert DVD. It worked like a charm.
However, when I did this there was NO sound on the DVD (only video), all I did was turn the car off, turn the radio off and turn everything back on. As long as the yellow wire stays grounded the video will play great...if you remove the yellow wire you get the blue screen right away.

If you do this, you do so at your own risk. Check with your local and state laws to find out if watching video while you drive is illegal. I consulted the CHP and the officer (rather right or wrong) told me he could not find anything in the code book saying it was illegal.....but don't take my word for it, check first. I use this strictly while parked only...I just wanted to see if it works.

Now, I have a question for someone....in the options menu there is an option for Screen Saver ON or OFF. For the life of me I can not find any screen saver on the system and one never comes on....does anyone know about that? Also, I heard that you can connect your IPOD to this system and be able to control the songs on the 8181 screen...NOT the IPOD. I have tried everything and it does not work. Can someone help me?

Also, is there any way to get backgrounds or screen savers on the 8181? it sucks looking at a NO VIDEO SIGNAL message when listening to my IPOD.

thanks
stryker2you@gmail.com

Username: Tragik

ALRIGHT YOU GUYS READY? JUST ONE LIL SIMPLE THING YOU NEED TO DO. . .. I GOT MY XDVD8181 INSTALLED YESTERDAY, 12/7/06. . . BEST BUY TOLD ME JUST GROUND IT. . . I TRIED IT AND IT DIDNT WORK . . . I TRIED DOINGT HE PARKING BRAKE THING, AND IT WORKED THEN IT STOPPED SO I LOADED THE FACTORY SETTINGS

SO ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS, LOAD THE FACTORY SETTINGS. . . AND GROUND THAT FREAKEN YELLOW WIRE. THATS IT!!

Username: 06express

Grounding the yellow wire and loading the factory settings does not work. You need to simulate engaging the parking brake three times to trigger the unit to work. This is can be done by installing a radio shack switch (Part# 275-1548) between the yellow wire and a ground. Start the vehicle. Start the DVD. Push the switch twice for 2 seconds and then wait 5 seconds for the DVD to play.

Bronze Member
Username: Eric985

Post Number: 28
Go to the following linked thread for a permanent fix:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/302701.html
(Try theories 2 & 3..)

No multiple grounding, no factory settings, and no switches..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us