Amp question

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 270
Hi yall, listen i got a serious problem with my Orion 2500D. I keep blowing them up....i dunno why but after i took em to the shop to repair them they work for 2 hours and then they dont work anymore. From the sub i start to hear this "TOC TOC TOC" sound....it all happened since i mounted my processor (and i dont have it anymore) and my third Orion 8002 (i had a lil audiobahn before). Can it be the battery too small for all 3?? or remote from the head unit that hardly turn em on and at the end it blows them? I got a kinetik 2400 battery. But even if i just plug one of the amp for the sub and make it running at 2 ohm, it still blows...so i got no idea now.... Thanks a lot

Username: Dddd

Fayettville, Tennessee Lincoln

Post Number: 8
ok first you need a fuse at the battery on your hot wire.you need a second battery,and a capacitor.the sound you are hearing is because of your ground.you need to ground the amps and the processor seperately.do not bridge to 2 ohms if amp is not 2 ohm stable.this should help

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2216
you dont need a capacitor and dont add a second batt without a ho alt

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 271
Amps are stable at 1ohm. i already got 2 200A fuse closed to the battery. amps are grounded on the trunk chassis and processor is grounded with the head unit...i cant find a HO alt for my car, it's european....the biggest i can find is a 130A/hour. mine now is 90A/hour.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us