What fits.

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 258
can i fit 2 12 inch kicker cvx's in a ported box in the back of a scion tc and still have my back seat? or would that be to big? and would it sound better and louder with 3 12's in a sealed box, or 2 12's in a ported box. i know going ported would be cheaper and less equipment.

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 762
do you have enough power to power them fully????
if not I would just get a single 15 fi ssd and throw 800-1000 watts on it and call it a day.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 259
gonna put a hifonics XX-zeus. its 1600 watts RMS. dont want 15's dont want 10's i want 12's cuz i listen to rock and rap. i want the best of both. 15s will be to sloppy for quick bass hits in rock and a 10 wont rattle the sh.it out of my car when i listen to deep bass.

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 142
I would get two of those kicker 12's in a sealed box to save room. That scion is a small vehicle so it will be loud any way. This is just my opinion.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 763
lol ya know 15s arent sloppy if you get good ones. but 12's are tighter. nevertheless do you have enough electrical upgrades to keep up with that amp? You will want to do the big 3 and atleast get a yellowtop battery in there since as of right now I dont think they make a High Output alternator for your vehicle. try it out and see if your lights dim terribly. if they do then dont be slammin everywhere all the time, but if they dont then have fun with ur system. what do the 12's require for airspace ported each?

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 263
aint worried bout room behind the back seat. but i dont wanna get rid of the back seat. havent talked to any installers about it or anything. so i dont know exactly what will fit. but room behind the back seat doesent matter to me.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 264
whats the big 3?

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 765
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/214946.html

read up

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 265
so its pretty much just running bigger wires on the alternator? dont understand how that would work cuz the alternator is only gonna put out a certian amount of power. right? well maybe the power will get places quicker? guess it would work. cant you rebuild the alternator and make it more powerful if they dont make an aftermarket one for my car?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4516
yep. bigger wires and more current flow and faster. places like iraggi alternator from ebay and excesiveamperage.com makes custom alts for ur car

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4517
yep. bigger wires and more current flow and faster. places like iraggi alternator from ebay and excessiveamperage.com makes custom alts for ur car

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 266
still aint findin nothin. how much would it cost to rebuild my alternator and make it more powerful?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1434
let me tell you man. my box is 2.1 cuft and it BARELY fits in the trunk of my scion tc. it fits in perfectly between the back glass sides. its 30" wide 16" height, and 14" deep. id say i have about 4-5" on both sides of the box from the trunk edge to the box. BUT that is if yuor box is abuot 14-15" high. if its 16" high then the max width you can do is about 30-32". the max height yuo can do is abuot 16" maybe 16.5". hope this helps.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 271
so could i fit a ported box back there? for 2 12" cvx's? do you think? not building the box myself. probably get sound advice to do it.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1437
my best guess at it would be yes.
but here are my rough dimensions for you:

the max would be either:
fitting below the glass.
about 40" wide, about 15" high, and about 15-16" deep. again all are guesses from what ive done.

OR

fitting in the glass.
about 34" wide, about 16.5" high, and about 15" deep.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 275
i dont know anything about dimentions on a ported box thats why im taking it to the professionals. but all i wanna do is put the box back there, dont wanna take out the back seat, back glass, or anything. but yeah im guessing its gonna take up every square inch of space. think 2 12" kicker cvx's in a ported box with a hifonics XX zeus 1600 watt RMS amp will break that back window? and if so how much is a plexi glass window. just in case

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1439
nah the back window will be fine. if you can break that then you will be my hero. seriously tho, its fine. and yea 2 ported cvxs back there will take up pretty much every inch. its gonna be tight but im sure someone will be able to help yuo with the box. im not good with boxes orelse i would help ya

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 279
im good with a simple sealed square box. but this aint exactly simple. that and i have no tools. makes things alittle complicated. dident take karate so i cant the the boards in 7 different peaces for a sealed box now either

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1442
haha, yuo got any friends around you who have them. a sealed box will be very simple to make
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us