Need an Amp Opinion

Username: Mgbcs

Post Number: 1
I am trying to help my brother put his first system together for his new car. He is 16, so he doesn't have a lot of money. He found on Crutchfield a deal BOGO for Infinity and Kicker products.
Which would be the best to go with (Kicker Comp VR or Infinity Kappa Perfect)? Since this is a great deal, he wants to get one or the other, however doesn't have a lot of money for a good amp at this point (he'll upgrade later). He is looking to ebay and has found a refurb kicker kx350.2 claiming 175 RMS per channel or else a Lanzar Max Pro 2-channel MXA232 claiming 400 RMS per channel (I know the Lanzar will not be the highest quality but it would be a lot closer to the remommended power). THe Lanzar is $80 and the Kicker is $110.
So basically, out of these options what should he go with?
Thanks for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 298
how much are the kicker comp vr's?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3359
neither is enough power for the subs...

Silver Member
Username: Krazyj

USA

Post Number: 118
tell him to save any money he gets from x-mas or see if some1 can get him a piece of the system for x-mas and use the extra money for a better amp.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7889
you can get a kicker kx400.1 off of ebay for around 100 bux. if he is only getting one sub that amp will move it well.

Username: Mgbcs

Post Number: 2
The Comp VR are normally $150 each, as are the perfects. But with the offer Crutchfield has, it's $150 for the pair.

I understand that neither of these amps will be the greatest, but the Infinitys only handle 350 RMS a piece. So if the Lanzar is realistic in the power numbers, it would work well, wouldn't it?

Also, this is what he is using his X-mas money on. He's getting a nice new deck, wiring kit, and speakers already, so he is trying to buy subs and an amp.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3361
NEITHER, NOT ENOUGH POWER, if your trying to go cheap try this:http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDIOBAHN-A8002V-800-WATT-2-CHANNEL-CHROME-AMP-NEW-06_W0QQit emZ250060469172QQihZ015QQcategoryZ48597QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and make sure you get dual 4 ohm subs, or this:http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-AUDIOBAHN-A8000T-INTAKE-MONO-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ25 0059015970QQihZ015QQcategoryZ64571QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem with dual 2 ohm subs.......Not the best but better then the other 2

Username: Graveytrain

Hudson, Ohio United States

Post Number: 2
first of all dont buy or trust stuff on ebay

Bronze Member
Username: Ludz

Post Number: 41
lol matt thats not true at all
maybe dont trust 1 person sellers, but the stores are fine.
i bought an amp off ebay like 3 weeks ago, got it for 200 including shipping, the same amp is on crutchfield for 500
ebay is trustable if u arent stupid about it.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7934
2 jl audio 1000/1
1 jl audio 450/4
1 jl audio 300/2
orion 2500d
re se 12
re sx 18
focal utopia comps
audiocontrol eqx, epicenter, matrix
and some other stuff i bought from ebay. never had a single problem with any of that stuff (knock on wood).

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7936
btw the jl amps hold up their value well on ebay and online. i was able sell both of my jl audio amps for the price i paid on ebay a year ago.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2106
go with what chad said about the KX 400 and the cvrs, i used to have some and there good subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us