Do i need a cap?

Bronze Member
Username: Jdog123

Vestavia Hills, Al United States

Post Number: 45
ok well i have a soundsplinter rl-p 12" with a profile ap2000 amp bridged with 960 rms going to it. i am running the stock alternator with a like duralast battery on a 1971 pontiac lemans. my sub tends to get a lil softer after my amp has run for about 5-10 minutes, and my lights dim at night. do yall think it would be a good idea to get a cap on it? would it put my sub in any danger i dont exactly know the power handling of the rl-p but they say its rated at like 500 rms so i want to be for sure its not gonna blow it with a cap. if so what do yall recommend that is a reasonable price. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 468
I personally wouldn't recommend purchasing a cap without an electrical upgrade, I think defeats the whole purpose. You'd probably wanna get a new alternator first, a better battery. And then maybe do the "big 3". anything else I may be missing guys?

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 480
caps dont do anything but hide ur problems unless you have the proper charging system...ya it will stop ur lights from dimming but its still going to be extremly hard on ur stock alt....save ur $$$ and buy a HO alt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us