Question for my friend

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1170
alrite my friend has 2 sets of alpine type s coax speakers in his car. one up front, one in back, and a alpine hu. as you can tell people at my school love alpine...and sony. but anyway, he sees me getting all my sh_t and wants his system to be better. he wants to keep his speakers but make them suond better/louder. they are coax speakers and wants a 4 channel amp for them cause hes decidedd its gonna make them 100 times better. what would it really do? and honestly, im gonna lose some rep here, but you can put an amp onto coax speakers right?
http://www0.shopping.com/xPO-Alpine-Alpine-SPS-17C2-6-1-2-6-3-4-2-way-Car-Speake rs~r-1~CLT-INTR~RFR-www.google.com
^^thats them i believe. 35rms
also, he wants sub and amp for about 250-300 tops. i was thinking maybe an assasin with a phoenix gold 400.1 amp. that sound legit for about 250? or is there better thanks

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1172
oh and getting new speakers is out of the question

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 715
yes putting an amp on coax makes them much better. but it only really brings out the highs good. the mids dont sound the best with it set on full so just set the amp to high pass and they sound much much better. (ive done it before so I know from experience) and yeah then the assasin and pg would be a good match.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1174
awesome, i thoght you could put an amp onto coax but i just wanted to make sure before i told him what to do and end up screwing him over.
and how about some suggestions on a 4 channel amp for him? 35 rms

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1178
come on guys, i know someone wants to help me out.

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 718
get on ebay and get a kicker kx 350.4 its only like 115 shipped does like 40rms I think.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1182
lets bump it once more...

another question actually, i cant find what ohm load the speakers have (im guessing 4 ohm) so im looking for a 4 channel amp that does abuot 35 rms at 4 ohms??

and is there a better combo for 250 then the one above?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1183
thanks ice t didnt see that post when i bumped it again

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 367
there 4 ohm.. and i got 4 5x7 on a rockord 200aII and they sound really good i like them alot.. but my amp is 2 channel u dont really need 4. so 250 for sub and amp.. id get a ssd 12 and the phoenix amp :-) might be a little more

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3324
run a 5 channel, like a kicker, or a memphis baby belle, etc...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1185
spl, i love the choice of the ssd but i got the ssd, we cant have the same sub. i gotta have the better system. haha
so is the common choice the assassin?
or how would a Fi X, maybe a DD1012(dont know their cost)?
thanks for help guys

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1186
never bumps for me

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1187
triple post here for a damm bump

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4421
the assassin is a great sub. sq is great and gets loud. good all-around sub. the FI X i dont know much about, but the dds are always nice too

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2595
the fi x, from what scott told me, is like a beefier jl w3. never heard the 1012 but i know it costs a little around $150 from dd, can't remember exactly. can't go wrong with the assassin though.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2596
oh, if your friend needs a pg 400.1, let me know i have one for $140 shipped :-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1189
ctmike, thats awesome cause my friend might very well buy it. i gotta talk to him abuot it and see if he can bump the budget up any. but i think its down to the X and assassin. probably will end up with a 400.1 for either. but ill definitly see what he says

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2597
thats cool just let me know if he wants it. i been trying to get of this and my jl's forever, i might even go lower. and if he gets the x's definately give a review as it will be the first on those subs.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1191
yea will do if he gets it. it wont be until after x-mas but better late than never i guess. and ill talk to him and give you a pm or thread title or something here in the next couple days.
what jls you got?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2598
2 12w3v2's.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1192
can you pm the prices on those? or just post them here if you want i guess.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2599
well the cheapest i saw on ebay when i checked quickly was $119 plus $20 shipping for one or i think it was $270 plus for a pair. $210 plus shipping sound fair? bought new from dealer and used for 3 months before switching subs again and they've been sitting around in the box since. checked around and woofersetc is $179 plus each, onlinecarstereo is $199 shipped each, etc.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1195
sounds fair, ill talk to him about those too cause he heard my frieds w3 and loved it so maybe 2 could work for him

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2600
alright let me know. you or your friend can email me at landerfield@sbcglobal.net whenever.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1196
alrite man, thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us