New Head Unit?

Bronze Member
Username: Thakidgame

Hialeah Gardens, Florida U.S.A.

Post Number: 60
Last week I installed my 2 gt4-12's and my MA AUDIO M1889I, amp. Everyone has been telling me this that I need more highs, that my mids are fine, I just need better Highs. And to tell you the truth.. I love my lows.. damn the kick nice.. :]

Now that I've been thinking about it, I should change my headunit, if im gonna change anything.

I got a couple questions.

1. Since they installed a LOC, can I change my headunit?

2. If I change my headunit, does that automaticlly mean I have to change my stock door speakers, in the mist that I might blow them?

3. What do pre-outs mean for head-units?

4. Iv'e been looking at the eclipse cd3000 and whats the diffrence between that one and the, cd2000 and the cd3000?

5. What are good door speakers good for me? My range is 200.00 for both front and back doors.

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 540
ok get a new head unit,preferably the cd3000 cuz its just a higher level than the cd2000.

next you will need to change your speakers yes.........do you have a 2 channel amp that will do like 50x2 at 4ohms or something along those lines will work........for component speakers(thats what the amp is 4) I would get some mb quart or cdt audio or ive been told diamond are nice.........whatever suits u best.

get another pair of 6.5 2way coaxials for the rear if you can instead of 6x9s cuz 6x9s suck.......

let us know how much you have to spend then we can help you out more

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
1. I have a sony xploid amp in the back of my house. I think it does 600 2Ch. Imma look at it, and post the specs for you.

2. Ok I'll have to get the Eclipse CD3000 in december.

3. Can you point out some 6.5 Coaxials and see if they fit in my car? Put my budget around 200 bucks for all 4 door speakers in my car.

BTW: I have a 2003 Toyota 4runner Sr5, Without the JBL system.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Notice: Im only 18, so its probably gonna take me the whole month of work to get the money for all this stuff. :[

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Well I found the amp. THe model a Sony XM-4060GTX

Here are the specs.
60 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
60 watts RMS x 2 + 150 watts RMS x 1 in 3-channel mode

Now whats the diffrence between 6.5 2 Way Coaxials, and 6x9's? I would have to wire another cable from my battery to the amp correct?

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 545
you can either wire another from the batt, or you can get a distrobution block for the wire you already have going........ get a 4ga to 8ga distro block and run some 8ga or even 10ga would do to the sony. you dont want 6x9s cuz they just aretn very good compared to 6.5s.....anyways you could get some of these for the front/and the rear if you wanted but I would go with those for the front and these for the rear

front http://cgi.ebay.com/CADENCE-CWM6-KIT-ALUMINUM-ALLY-6-5-COMPONENT-KIT_W0QQitemZ25 0047695918QQihZ015QQcategoryZ32819QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

for the rear http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-OCTANE-R6-5COAX-6-1-2-CAR-AUDIO-SPEAKERS_W0QQit emZ140051407564QQihZ004QQcategoryZ18799QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what else ya need?????????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
Perfect, can you give me a ebay link where I could get the 4ga to 8ga distro block?

What im afraid of, is my friend i think did what i want to do, and he split the cable from his baterry and now his sub dosent get that much bass, but his speakers got the high he wanted... thats what i dont want to happen.. you know?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
And if I split the 4ga to 8ga do I need to get the 8ga cables? or any other cables?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
I noticed that knukonceptz has them, which one is the one I need? Do I need their 8guage Amp kit from them also?

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 547
http://cgi.ebay.com/GOLD-QUEST-20-feet-Black-8-Gauge-Power-Ground-Cable_W0QQitem Z290048793169QQihZ019QQcategoryZ32810QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

get that then 2 pairs of rca's and just take some remote wire from one amp to the other.....for the signal........

here are some rca

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSUNAMI-AUDIO-CABLES-JL-AUDIO-MTX-MEMPHIS-SONY-JVC-17_W0QQit emZ180050516248QQihZ008QQcategoryZ94846QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or you can get another amp kit but the first way is cheaper..........

just run another wire from the batt if you are worried about losing bass.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
So this is what Im going to do.

1. But the Head Unit, the Eclipse Cd-3000 . Best bang for buck I see.

2. Buy a 8 guage Amp kit. I rather spened the money and wire the amp to the battery then to split it and lose sub sound.

3. Buy the speakers, both that you trevor, recommended me.

4. Hook it all up to the amp. Hopefully I get way better highs. :]

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Trevor by any chance do you have AIM? Can you give me your screename?

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 564
yeah ive got aim......VCTrevor15

let me know when to get on cuz im usually not on

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Well if you can get on before like 4:30 today would be perfect, because I have a couple of questions to ask you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Trevor.. get online I got some questions!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Trevor... get on aim..!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
Trevor.. I Don't know if candence relists there items, but I just saw that they have some 5.25
Item number: 9719078378 . Same Wattage. I could just buy the adapter... or it woulden't sound as good? Hopefully Thell relist.. that way ill buy em in like 3 weeks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
Trevor.. what amp kit do I need? Theres 8gauge for 2way and 4way. The only diff. I see is that it brings another RCA Cable? Do i need 1 or 2?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us