Isaac W.

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1283
How do you like the tunage of your 12" Ti? Would you change it if you could?

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1595
I had it sealed before I got this ported box. So I don't know how it would sound ported to any other frequency. But I love the way the sub sounds right now so I don't have any reason to change it. Are you looking at porting yours? With 4 of them I think it would be LOUD and sound amazing!

Since you have 4 of them I would tune them a little lower than what I have, like 34hz maybe.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3406
isaac. how was the difference from sealed to ported? i heard Ti's really open up in a ported box.

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1597
Well number 1, the sealed box that I had bought it in was WAY to small for it. I swear the magnet was about a 1/2 inch from hitting the back of the box... yeah, way too small. Plus it had a problem with leaking air. So needless to say, when I got my new ported enlosure, I was very impressed! It sounds awesome and I don't plan on changing my sub setup anytime soon! :-)

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1284
Yes sir. I plan on porting them soon. I will tune according to your instructions. I can't wait! Thanks dude.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1286
btw my goal is to break 150db on a term lab with good sq. you like the ti's sq ported?

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1598
Yep mine sounds great. I am partial though becuase I personally like the sound of ported sobs better than sealed. BTW, I didn't know you had a goal of breaking 150. If you are going to do that you might want to consider tuning higher like 35 or 36. Talk to marshall white, the box king. he knows a lot more about it than me. He can help you build a loud but great sounding box for them. Good luck man that sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun! :-)

How are you powering your subs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us