Cheaper, is sometimes better

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 366
well i have evaluated my options. and i figured the cheapest way is to the link 2 ed nine.1 's 2gether... but first... can it be done????? and will that mean i have to get 2 seperate caps??? and if i link them... it says it does 900wrms at 2 ohms and if i get two of them thats 1800wrms at 2 ohms.. but i think the ohms change wen they are linked. am i right.... or does it sitll give the 1800wrms at 2 ohms???

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2859
if you need 1800w rms at 2 ohms just get a zx 1500.1

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 369
will it do that... is it that under rated.. i thought it was 1500@2ohms... if it does do that... that will be def. by. i can get kicker at cost

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 282
chase, kicker amps are underrated, if you are looking for 1800 watts that will be a good amp...

is 2 ed nine.1s cheaper than 1 hifonics bxi2006d? that amp is overrated, it does around 1800 watts also...

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 370
sweet, that will be way cheaper and prolly a lil bit better also

Gold Member

Post Number: 2862
Tremor the thing is that the hifo doesn't puts 1800w rms at 2 ohms.

The kicker would be the best...

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 375
hey is 429. a good deal for the kicker zx 1500.1 brand new. not refurbished

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 406
i think so

Username: Mitymouse

Post Number: 8
Before you worry about the amp, what subs are you running?

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 379
man i have the subs taken care of, two fi audio ssd's (two 12's) 800wrms each.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 305
if they are 800 watts rms that kicker would work good and the Hifonics would too because you would only need 1600 watts not 1800

Gold Member

Post Number: 2876
^^^^ remember that his subs are dual 2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I'm assuming the 12's are DVC. The kicker would do the job, no question. But 429 for an amp to push those subs is a little much. Just my opinion, I know how you "stereo guys" on this forum hate to hear about experience over packaging.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 337
Why is $429 a little much? Kicker amps are pretty good quality they put out rated power then some and last a long time too. not saying they are the best ever but they are pretty darn good amps. Do you think those subs suck and he shouldnt use an amp of that quality? is that what your saying?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Nope. Just saying he could match his subs to an amp at less cost. Settle down tiger, I promise to keep my finger away from your cage.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 338
remember you get what you pay for. Correct you may be able to find an amp that will push them for less, but then comes in the quality part. Is the amp that cost less gonna last longer than a nice amp that cost more. not in most cases. And dont call me tiger, i'm not your son, boy. only my pops can call me tiger. Dave why did you come to this forum with such hostility?????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Me? I offer some advice and get jumped on by several forum junkies and I'm hostile? I get called a joke for stating my experiences and I'm hostile? Wow, I must not be enough of a forum junkie to know what forum hostility is.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
And who unlocks your cage, your moms?

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1279
no dave its just you come in here with the all knowing attitude and intelligence of a best buy salesman, you havent said anything remotely correct yet you think we are all wrong

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
I think, yeah that's it. I've only shared my experiences. Will the best buy guy do that? No he's just trying to sell you something. What am I trying to sell? I may have misunderstood here but everyone keeps telling me I'm the one that is wrong, not the other way around. All knowing? No I just say what I have done and let it go at that. Seems to me that you all have this little club that dispises outsiders. And when someone adds some outside experience, you gang up and attack him.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 339
who's a forum junkie? I only have a lil over 300 posts since june. I could have more since i own a small business that allows me to have alot of free time. and when did i disrespect you in my initial post towards you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Where did I say disrespect? You snapped, so I likened you to a tiger.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 340
ooooohhh, the moms joke almost got me lmao. really shows your maturity and intelligence.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 341
how do figure i snapped? I voiced my opinion and fact.

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 381
i got offered a brand new one from a stereo shop today at cost of 575.. the new one on ebay is 429. idk what to do. im still waiting on the word for my crossfire vr2000d. idk if thats goona come through or not. if it does, im sitll gnna go with kicker. great amps, decent price. good quality

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
It wasn't a joke, I'm serious.

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 382
woo i love arguements. i dont think its a bad price. im prolly gonna buy, those subs are also bad a$s... i cant wiat until they come it. its comin up on 10days now. and its driving me crazy

Gold Member

Post Number: 2884
Hostility forum!

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 342
chase yes those subs are bad@ss, very nicely priced. I'm gonna be gettin a pair of Q's. I know what you mean about waiting. I been waiting for my audioques for 6 days now.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1288
Jesse didnt you win that auction for the AQ's??
what amp you gonna be using on them

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 384
i know man waiting sucks so bad.. what are those aq's rated at.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 343
Yeah i won that auction. i got the sd2.5 they are 500 rms each, but i'm sure they can handle a little more. Right now the amp i got is a power acoustik a3000DB. gonna be upgrading hopefully soon. although for such a lower end amp. it does pretty well. its overrated about 200rms. but its lasted a long time.

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 387
wow, thats prett sweet.. im having a hard time makin up my mind about an amp. more than likely goin with a kicker tho

Gold Member

Post Number: 2888
Jesse is it true that the amp puts 2k rms or around 1800w rms?

That's one good budget amp.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3493
Chase,

2 eD nine.1's strapped at 2ohms can produse 2400wrms ++.

there are some memphis mojos for sale over on the usaci board for $375+ship. 2000w+ at 2ohm.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 345
Julio, 2300 rms at 1 ohm minus a couple hundred and 1800 rms at 2 ohms minus a couple hundred. I been meaning to get it benched. it only cost $20. I just been to lazy.

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1202
btw when you strap amps the stability ohms is doubled. if you strap two 2 ohm amps then they can handle 4 ohms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us