R lanzar optidrive amps good?

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 65
is the 2000 watt lanzar calss d optidrive amp good? ppl tell me you can wire 2 subs to a mono amp is that true? because i was told that it is my best choice for an amp in the 350 dollor range and it will push 2 re sx subs plz give me info thanx

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 795
They are junk just save up and buy better.... Juliob will disagree but he doesnt have any experience with good amps because i saw him come here and learn most of what he knows now at these boards but he still chose cheap lanzars because he believed optidrive when he told him the amps were good if they were from the opti line ( no offense to juliob or opti ) and opti does have someyears in this field but he still cant back his claims of the amps hitting there power ratings and ive never once come across anyone that says they hit there mark other then him and i know from experience that the amps arent good and i think most the regulars at this forum or caraudiocentral or realmofexcursion will agree that the amps arent worth haven unless u just dont have the money to spend on somthing better and you cant wait to save a few more bucks to go with somthing better

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 796
an if the only line that even comes close to there power ratings is the opti line then what type of business practice is that ????? opti will even say that none of there amps hit there power ratings unless they are from the opti line and that should really give you some idea of the type of business practices they have,, if they were a good company the amps power ratings should be consistant and hit there mark no matter what and not just have one line that actually does its power even if it does which i do not entirely believe

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 797
keep in mind that im not trying to bash anyone here i just know the two guys that will show up to back Lanzar and i wanted to say this before they came and possibly lead some one down the wrong road,, i hope what i said does not offend you juliob or you optidrive ... but on the other hand isaac a Ecoustics memeber that does lots of test on different products did once say that he has done some test on lanzar and they all fall into the bad catagory

Silver Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 115
umm, isnt a personal attack out of nowhere like that kind of unnessicary? but to answer the original question, theyre not very good, but there are a LOT worse out there. if you plan on powering RE's and if you want them to sound GOOD id save up. if money is an issue, look ino hifonics, they seem to be pretty good for the price.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 625
hifonics isnt much better still over rated.

Bronze Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

Post Number: 21
i was told hifonics was junk when i was looking at one.

Bronze Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

Post Number: 22
And yes u can wire two subs to a mono amp

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 68
so what amp would be good fore 2 res sx if i saved up and not be over 500 doolers cuz i gwes ill just save a few checks from work and save but what other amp would be good ... the actuall power

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1540
Im here for opti and juliob cuz they recommended me a lanzar amp and ive gotta say im really surprised with the power i got for the price. :-)

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 798
justblaze i dont believe it was a personal attack,, im just staten the facts

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 799
TJ. but do you have anything to compare the lanzar to because if you have no experience with other amps that are top of the line then how would you knowif the lanzar was actually any good ?

when i was 16 and got my first system i thought it was great but after 6 years in Car audio and after going through tons of brands and comparing them and puttin them to the test and after working in the Car Audio and Video field for a couple of years and what not i know that my first system was complete junk

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 638
well you got to take price into consideration, lanzar optis may not be great build quality and have as high of preformance as like a kicker 2500.1 but there is a big price difference and not everyone can afford the best or wants to spend that much.

the opti amp will work but you do get what you pay for quality wise

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1551
Power is power IMO :-)

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 803
Some times its like the blind leading the blind around here

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2036
cadillac you killed me man! haha you said that i'm sh1t well hehe... i'm not gonna ditch you cuz that's your opinion but now let me talk... the optidrive will put 2000w rms with low THD... for 300-400$ a 1/2 ohm stable amp that does the rated power, YEAH is good, my vibe 1800d for 145$ puts between 1200-1400w rms at 1 ohm, how can you argue with that???

but yeah... when it comes to amp you wanna get power and the best part... DURABILITY and i'm not sure that lanzar can offer a Great durability like JL or Zapco, but for 400$ that's a thing that is going to bang until you sell it cuz every1 gets sick of their system and sell it forward.

i'd say yeah, get the amp if you want, if you can't afford better and cadillac db BTW, optidriven is right cuz he always talks clean, he knows lanzar is overrated but when it comes to optidrive they're good like any other brand except all those brands we know hehe JL, zapco, orion mmats bla bla bla...

I'd go with optidrive if i only had less than 400$

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 971
Cad - you must not get out much, or you're just ignorant on the topic and like to blow smoke.

Optidrive may not sell the most expensive amps on the market, and I don't think anyone's under the delusio they're the "best" but everything in that line is rock solid, and has been since the early '90's -- ownership change or not. As a matter of fact many of the Optidrive amps that were among the best available in their day were built after the soundaround buyout.
They can and do compete with the best stuff out there.

Cad - You obviously have an ax to grind with Lanzar, and that's fine, but the facts need to be known.

http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=045711

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170523&highlight=opti2000d

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151221&highlight=lanzar

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138932&highlight=lanzar

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125295&page=3&highlight=lanzar

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155668&highlight=lanzar

there's plenty more if you take a few minutes to search.

Again - if you don't like Lanzar that's great, say you don't like them.
The problem is the blanket statement "Lanzar is junk" is just plain wrong and I'll do what I can to prove it whenever I come across it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2063
well... that benchtest result might clear the head for cadillac DB... those numbers for less than 400$ or maybe 300$... i think THEY're GREAT

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 88
see now juliob and optidriven i think there talkin what they know and not somebullsh.. but thanx for backing tge amp up because i hate hearing from other ppl who dont even know a thing about something and there talkin crap about it so thanx guys .... so anyways how do u think that amp will sound with 2 re sx 12s and what else will i need ti upgrade to run that amp and those subs?

Silver Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 130
cadi, you went out of your way and completely off topid just to mention that another uswer thinks a product you dont like is good. even if its no a personal attack, it was kind of unnecisary

Gold Member

Post Number: 2071
yeah... i told him that hehe, if you compare that optidrive to Zapco or a 1000$ amp of course it won't be the same, but for the money the amp will do the job. I think lanzar optidrive is very good for the money and their quality is good or above average.

and if your subs are dual 2 ohm... you should run them at 0.5 ohms so you will need a HO alt, yellow tops, BIG 3....

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 807
justblaze, i dont believe i went out of my way after all i only had to type and going out of ones way implies going to a great extent which is somthing i did not do in any way, i only mentioned optidrive not being able to back his claims because ive asked him three times in the past to direct me to the bench test hes seen on lanzars but until now he had never done that ...and that bench test looks like somthing done with photo shop and it doesnt look like it was a scanned piece of paper or a picture of a bench test so i dont really believe that its the real Mckoy and it also doesnt say on the bench test where it was performed what amp it was performed on and it also doesnt have a technicans name signed on the bottom which is always done when a amp is tested unless its a birthsheet sent with the amp which some times arent signed so i really wonder who performed this test and i also wonder what are that person credentials... also contrary to Opti's belief i really have no AXe to grind ( so to speak ) with Lanzar but his comments would get his a** Beat down where i come from so he should really treat a nigguh with a little more respect .....also even if the bench test is accurate my earlier comment still stands(earlier comment )>>>>an if the only line that even comes close to there power ratings is the opti line then what type of business practice is that ????? opti will even say that none of there amps hit there power ratings unless they are from the opti line and that should really give you some idea of the type of business practices they have,, if they were a good company the amps power ratings should be consistant and hit there mark no matter what and not just have one line that actually does its power even if it does which i do not entirely believe

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 978
"and that bench test looks like somthing done with photo shop and it doesnt look like it was a scanned piece of paper or a picture of a bench test so i dont really believe that its the real Mckoy and it also doesnt say on the bench test where it was performed what amp it was performed on and it also doesnt have a technicans name signed on the bottom which is always done when a amp is tested unless its a birthsheet sent with the amp which some times arent signed so i really wonder who performed this test and i also wonder what are that person credentials..."

It was done by Car Audio Magazine. I believe that qualifies it as legit.

"contrary to Opti's belief i really have no AXe to grind ( so to speak ) with Lanzar but his comments would get his a** Beat down where i come from so he should really treat a nigguh with a little more respect ..."

What are you, 12??
Blowing smoke on something you know little about doesn't get you respect. Where I come from you don't just GET respect, you EARN it.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5644
There's a song about R E S P E C T. Some female sang it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2103
cadillac is acting like an ignorant... stick to your "i hate lanzar" mentality if you want but the test is ^^^^ there

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 554
he doesn't act like an ignorant, he simply is ignorant. his comments warrant no respect in any way

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1638
Ha ha i remember that song Isaac.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2118
just to end this thread.... more reviews

http://www.carsound.com/review_archive/amps/opti1004.html

http://www.carsound.com/review_archive/amps/vibe1200d.html

you judge it yourself...

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 813
so the opti line is a decent it still doesnt change my thoughts on Lanzar because they have horrible customer service and never back there warranties, they tend to F*ck people around and that is also somthing you must take into consideration you should also take the companys other lines into considerations when given any of there amps a glance... but i wont sit here and listen to people who have installed all of about one two or three systems in there back yard which would cover the majority of people backing the lanzar name but if you look at the company as a whole they suck......and opti i really wish you lived near me so you could see who i really was because my reputation alone would be enough to send your Pu**y A** running away with ur tail between ur legs, u really dont know who u are insulting and the way i feel about you right now warrants even more then a beating if you get my drift B**ch .. but enough of this we all know this is over the internet and really not worth sitting around wasting valuble time on but if you did live near me i would pull a drive bi on ur A**

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 173
^^^^hahahaha. Internet gangsta's...gotta love'em. Cadi, you should post a pic of yourself and show us how gangsta you are.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 817
lol jesse.. dont think i didnt for one minute realize that i would catch Sh*t for saying what i said but just because this is the internet doesnt mean that actual people from the "gangta" type of backround wont be lurking around, especially since this is a car audio forum and the criminal element tend to be the type of guys that will have loud stereo systems but believe what you will because i know who i am and no one that knows me in person would ever disrespect me

Gold Member

Post Number: 2135
well... i don't care if you like it or not... we're just making a point here... he asked if they were good and you told us that we're sh1t so you need to shut up for a while and talk when it comes to rockford and all those brands that you like... cuz you're not being objective.

We know lanzar is not the best but try to find an amp like that for less than 350$$... is gonna be way hard so please think about it before you tell everyone that is crap and we don't know what we're talking about.

everyone deserves some respect... even when they're wrong^^^^^^^^think about that

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 983
Cad - really - stop with the e-thuggery. It's rediculous. A "drive bi"? Wow, now that REALLY proves how tough you are. That sounds like something you and your boyfriend might do...

I really don't know what your problem is, but in my experience, people like me who actually HAVE a physical presence in the real world don't need to make an issue of it on line. It's pointless, and makes others wonder if you have an issue with the size of your --- well, nevermind.

Oh, and FWIW. I've had 3 CS issues with lanzar. One involving my Zed era 1000.1D which was bought used on ebay, and was out of its warranty period. They serviced it with no questions asked for shipping only. Being an Optidrive I wasn't terribly surprised.

Another was with a Vibe 430 I purchased for $80 shipped on ebay, which again, was well out of its warranty period. Lanzar again offered to service it for free as long as I shipped it.

The 3rd was with a 1st gen Vibe 1200D. I had 2 go up in smoke after a total of only a few hrs use. Dominic at lanzar proceeded to provide me with extended info on that product, the problems hey had with defects, and their solutions to those problems. I was told an amp from the newest build would be sent straight from the factory and he'd guarantee it to perform as advertised. No one likes to deal with defective amps, much less 2 of thembut I don't think they could have handled it much better.

I'm not saying Lanzar is god's gift, or anything similar to that. It's just that you keep criticizing the company on issues that I've dealt with them personally on, and my experiences have been good.

Maybe I've just been lucky.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2170
i own a refurbished lanzar vibe 1800d and haven't had any problems... i even put the gain to the max and the HU to the max for 1 hour just to test the thing.. and it was running hot but never shut down and didn't clipped... (at least the subs were not sending bad sound or anything like that)

for a refurbished amp that's something amazing to hear and sometimes you can buy a 99$ lanzar vibe 1200d (underrated BTW) and get a 1 year warranty... so for a cheap setup 2 lanzar vibe 1200d with 2 1000w rms subs.... hehe think about it and you're gonna spend less money than you think...

that's reality

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 756
juliob, just becasue your subs didnt sound bad doesnt mean your amp wasnt clipping. i really doubt you played everything maxed out for an hour. becasue that is definatly clipping and would blow most subs for that long of time and power

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 226
I skipped over most of the previous postings.. just had one thing to say.

Regarding the "hifonics isnt much better" comment. Come to West Saint Paul, MN and listen to my TC1005D push 2 Eclipse Aluminum 88150.4 subs and tell me Hifonics is junk... :-)

There's better out there, but Hifonics is FAR from junk

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 353
not to diss lanzar anymore then it has been, but i dont think any amp u can find at a flea market is really a "Quality" amp.. Most of those are only sold at dealerships or come without warranty used or new from unauthorized sellers, because they dont want there products hooked up like sh!t and make it look bad, they really for the most part have true ratings if not underrated... but then again cheap amps are sold cheap for a reason, just to simply get the job done for people with a smaller budget, if your a true audiophile.... u would just save until u can get what is the best.. but thats a whole shitload of money... and alot of people dont find sounds worth more then 1000$ for a nice setup ROFL... getting into that, your amp only sounds good with a good HU too.... so dont let amps fool you

Gold Member

Post Number: 2178
Damn WTF did i post over there^^^^^^ sorry what i was trying to say is that i ran the amp with the gain set to HU preout voltage, at high volumes for a hour and the amp was hot but not too hot... that's great coming from a refurb

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 761
KILLA - guess what they sell orion amps at the flea market and those are far from junk. so you can find a quality amp at the flea market. will you get a warrenty YES alot of flea market dealers will warrent their product. but its the same with buying online. almost all places you buy from online offer a manufacutres warrentee but the manufacture will not service your product because the online dealer isnt certified by them.

and juliob - that sounds alot more reasonable. i was reading on the vipe and it isnt to far off from the opti line

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 820
i really cant believe this thread got so large.. but keep running lanzar i dont really care, but i will still try to offer people better options and only consider lanzar a last resort brand if they just cant wait to save up and really want somthing with the amount they have which is what ive always done in the past and as long as you offer people the lanzar option if they have more money and want somthing better i will be there to give them that better option unless i dont see the thread because im not here often ( usually only here when im high late at night and sitting up with nothing better to do ) so it isnt often which is why i have been here a good while and still havnt got Gold .... as for the Flea market vendors, alot of them to have quality stuff and they do offer warrantys, i was even gonna open a flea market car audio shop a while back when the shop i worked at closed down and i maxxed out my credit card and my fathers to buy all the stuff i could from the closing shop at well below cost but the flea market car audio scene is just pretty much cornered so i didnt open anything and ended up selling almost everything to another local shop called Power Akoustik in south houston across from the JR High school ( for anyone familar with the area ) .. and as for optis comments, i would much rather not respond to them because i know what i would do to the nigguh if he lived any where near me but he doesnt so F it

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 821
i would still never pair Re Subs with a Lanzar amp which was really my problem with michaels decision to use lanzar to began with ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2184
well...

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 162
The fighting is never-ending here on ecoustics,you just gotta love it. :-)I really admire the E-thugs though, as they make me laugh plenty,I find it pretty funny that a real "G" spends time on ecoustics.All the real thugs I knew are dead or locked up.Oh and by the way Cad...I have cousins who live in H-Town and they said it ain't shi± compared to Chicago.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 826
Robert... i really dont care what ur cousin says, there are different areas to houston and its close surrounding areas so he must be from a wealthy part which i didnt have the joy of growing up in...i would say some sh*t about myself that would really make you understand just how it is around here but i would rather not because im sure no one would see me the same anymore after hearing it so i will just keep my private business to myself... and yes the majority of my past friends are in jail but my best nigguh peachy is supposed to get out this year and yes some of my friends are dead, one actually died only a short time back but not do to being killed, he was sitting up in his little shack one night doing coke and taken Handlebars but due to all the coke he had in his system he couldnt feel the pills so he kept taken um until he accidently Over Dosed and by the time anyone found him it was already to late but they did get him to the hospital and his stomach was pumped and he woke for two minutes said he loved everyone in the room then went to sleep and never woke up again .. me and him had recently had a argument and i pulled my sh*t out on him but after hearing of his death i really just looked at what we argued over and i realized how stupid it was to be drunk fighting over such none sense and i thought to myself how much i would miss that crazy fool

Gold Member

Post Number: 2196
so you r the sh1t cuz you have friends in jail? who cares that doesn't makes you right.. the sh1t is about lanzar not your c- murder bio

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 214
"the sh1t is about lanzar not your c- murder bio"

^^^lol, for real. Cadillac, the more you talk the more I think your fake. cause if you gotta talk and make yourself on the internet, then you dont know who the fu*k you really are. and i got myself a motto. "the more they talk, the more harmless they are".
Do you got a pic or a myspace or something that can back your talk up?
And how you gonna pull a gun on somebody you say is your friend? You didnt care about that foo, all you cared aboout was you and your image.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2205
an amplifier is not gonna make your subs sound cleaner... is just going to amplify a wave.. you just don't want a clipping amp in the setup you're gonna run. (refer to clip as a bad installation or handling of the sub while being installed, bad use of the gain or just pushing your system too loud for a lot of time).

any amp can clip... remember that...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us