Please help wiring Arsenal

Bronze Member
Username: Gforce

Post Number: 14
First off, thanks to the posters who helped me figure out what sub(s) to add to my system. I went with a single 12" Arsenal. I got it today and tried to hook it up to my kx600.1 amp. It works fine with both + and - from amp hooked up to either single vc but when I try and hook it up to get 2ohm load no luck. Maybe I'm totally wacked but I understood the diagrams I've seen to mean that i should hook up + from amp to vc1 positive terminal and - from amp to vc2 negative terminal. What am I doing wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 893
+ from amp to [both] voice coil +
- from amp to [both] voice coil -
That would be a 2 ohm load or
+ from amp to voice coil 1 + ,
- from amp to voice coil 2 -,
wire jumper from voice coil 1 - to voice coil 2 +
This would be a 8 ohm load. Your subs are dvc4 ohms?
If dvc2 ohms then it would be a 1 ohm load and a 4 ohm load. Can your amp take 1 ohm? IDK.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=SVC4

Bronze Member
Username: Matt_stu

Post Number: 90
your gonna wanna wire it like the first one on the right http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161

it should work r u getting any sounds out of the speakers. make sure your keeping all your posotives posotive and all your negatives negatives. ive had the unlucky chance before of hooking a dvc voice coil up 2 ohms before and the wires leading to the second terminal i went from + to - and - to +. make sure this is all correct becasue with the arsenals the terminals will be flipped around on the other side the first side the + wll be on top then on the second side the - will be on the bottom it confused me when i got them too

Bronze Member
Username: Gforce

Post Number: 15
wow, i can't beleive i put up such a stupid post. I got it hooked up properly. Sounds pretty sweet. I do have a little problem still. My prefab enclosure is barely too shallow to get a good seal. How much SQ am I missing and am I hurting the sub to run it like this? Any solutions?

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 214
it deffinatly isnt going to sound good if it is leaking air..I am not exactly sure how much you are leaking but if it is a real small amount you could just put some rope caulk on there and it could seal it up....or if it is more like a half inch or something you could always take another peice of MDF and put it on the face so that it raises it up .75 inches...and that would give you a little more depth.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 215
it didnt bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us