FS: RE SX15

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3239
$210+ship

I'm going BIG this time and need to sell the SX15.

pics at:
http://www.putfile.com/marshall_white/images/14219

email:
marshall_white2004@yahoo.com

I'm getting a sub to give my new IA 20.1 .35ohm :-)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1474
Marshall, you try that sub with a BIG amp? I was curious on how your numbers would have gone up with the sames setup but higher wattage. I have noticed a big audible (not measured) increase going from 1400rms to over 2500 rms and this sub keeps on taking the abuse daily! For anyone going to buy one of these subs they should jump on this one, great price for such a durable sub. To give you an idea, I blew my Treo SSX in a week and a half but this sub is running on the same amps, enclosure and settings as the ssx for over a month solid with 6-9dbs of BB. Great sub, goodLuck Marshall... Polo.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2324
someone should buy this sub great guy great price just look at the msrp on this thing

could i ask what your thinking of marshall

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5328
i just put 1700wrms on my re sx and it is awesome. i mean it gets loud while maintaining decent sq.

its a steal people. i would buy it right now if i had a sx 15.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 155
How would it compare to a SSX running on about 1300-1400 watts?

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 156
(that's what i have right now) i only paid 180 for it though :-)... anyways its in 4.5 cubes ported tuned to 33 hz...

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3241
i did run an RE 35.1 on it for awhile...prolly 2 weeks. it sounded alot better on the 35.1, but i didnt get to meter it.

i'm going to something along to lines of an MT15 or DD9515 ;)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3242
you will have to talk to Polo to compare the SX to the SSX...he has run both b4.

he said the SX handles power alot better than the SSX though. I have got 148.6dB out of the SX15 b4 w/ the bp1200.1 in my truck.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5615
did oyu ever get the SSX repaired Polo??

and what does the IA 20.1 put out at .35ohms?????

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1475
I would say the sx would hit a good 150 with that power in the right enclosure at say around 40hz. The SSX is a loud @ss sub and hits sooo hard,enough to give me a migrane, and that ain't easy to do, lol. Loudness wise the sx15 isn't that far off, but you can feel where the larger motor comes in from the ssx. Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 139
.35 ohms, awesome!

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 620
oh btw marshall .. what was your note for 148.6?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1476
148.6 is great number for that small amount of power! I would have guessed at least a 3db increase doubling the power, would have been nice to see.. Polo. :-O

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3243
I was doing 148.6dB at 48hz :-)...i had a hell of alot of work in that box, lol. After box rise the sub was only seeing ~750w!!!

That box is for sale too...its ~6.6cuft gross w/ 3 interchangable ports (31hz, 38hz, 46hz). It's glassed and braced w/ 1/2" threaded rod.

I have a guy bringing me a blown DD 9515D in a few days...so i need $ fast!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3244
oh...and just another lil tid-bit of info.

138.6dB at 28hz on music w/ my daily port!!!

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5330
polo did you ever get your re sx metered?

also i am gonna get mine metered this weekend. i was wondering should i wire my sub to .5ohm load to my orion2500d?

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 435
marshall how do u figure out box rise

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3246
volts / amps = impedence

you need a true rms DMM and an amp-clamp to find that out though....box rise will be different at EVERY freqency.

Chad,
is your SX18 a dual 1ohm?
if you just plan to burp your sub (not a sweep) your box rise 3-8hz above box tuning will prolly allow you to run that 2500d at .5ohm for a burp. You may have to roll the volume up though...and watch your VOLTAGE!!!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3248
bump

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5335
yeah its dual 1ohm. thanks for the tip. i am just gonna do it for that day. i want to hit as high as possible when i get it metered. lol

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3250
i wouldnt try to play music w/ it at .5ohm.

find your peak freqency w/ it wired to 2ohm w/ sweeps...if your peak is just above your boxes tuning, it might be ok to try to burp at .5ohm.

WATCH YOUR VOLTAGE!!!:-)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1482
Talk to B, he was running his Orion at .5ohm daily! I had it metered at 148.3db, 42hz tone at the kick (passenger side) with drivers side window down, stock HU and only the big 3. This was with a single Kicker sx1250.1, Tcab box and RE sx15, dual 2's. Marshall did you try a smaller box (4-4.5 cf) to keep the rise a little lower and if so what did you come up with? When I fist got this box Mark Potts of Tcab had just hit a 151 with it and a 15" type R, have videos of it on the TL. You also have to remember, I am running a true trunk vehicle so the figures are pretty good for a single driver. I will tell you this, the increase in wattage would have easily pushed it into the 150 range. When I have to squint to keep seeing the road during a bass hit, it is major, lol. Polo.. :-O

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3251
yea...i tried 3cuft w/ the SX15, but i havnt had a chance to play w/ it much in that box. I just slapped the box together and drove to a comp.

I still did 147.9dB first try w/ random tuning...lol.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5341
polo you are just insane man. rofl. keep it down won't you.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3252
oh...and at that same comp is did 144.5dB in Street Beat 2.

Thats a 30second rolling average on music.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1267
marshall what was that last box tuend to... the one at 3 cuft?

Gold Member

IA US

Post Number: 1268
i have a treo ssi 15, 2.5cubes @ 33hz, with a kicker zx1000. in a trunk. i hope to hit like 142 burping.

if not im Very tempted to take that sx off your hands.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3253
i believe its tuned to ~42hz. i run it daily w/ 1 of the ports plugged though...so ~36-38hz daily.

Gold Member

IA US

Post Number: 1269
i know people always say theres too many things to tell what someone will hit, but what have you heard for scores from an ssi 15?

u think i got a chance at 142?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1483
Anything is possible! For some reason my car peaks lower, I have tested higher notes and it does best in the 42hz range, go figure. Also you have to take into account that I am runnning four 4" aeros with a gross enclosure volume of 4.5cf, and with everything being external, the Net is the same, lol. I am not big into comps, not enough time but if I am not busy with my side action I have plenty of tweeking time after work and if you were to see my car, you would think that mess is that loud. I had my cousin pop his head in my window last week, I turned it to 50 on my Pioneer 9800BT and keyed the bass bost up, he had no idea what was coming. The song was silent until all of a sudden a bass note hit, it was perfect, he jumped back with a fcked up look to his face, coudn't stop laughing.....Evil is good... :-O

Gold Member

IA US

Post Number: 1271
have u ever set gain with dmm? i set mine so it was right, but i turned the bass boost on the amp on, while testing it, because the bass boost was affecting the reading a lot on the dmm.
was i supposed to do this?

if thats right, can i turn my gain slightly up now, and still be good.
btw i normally have bass on hu at 3.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us