What to do?

Bronze Member
Username: Ameboy14

Post Number: 11
I dont know what to do, right now I have a 12' MOJO and a 2400D Orion amp, I can get another MOJO and the same amp for like $900, but even with that I'll only be pushing a little over 2400 watts, so I was thinking of maybe just selling the 2400D and getting a 5000D double the power for a little less. What to you think I should do?, or any other amps I should be looking at? I'm not sure how much the MOJO can really handle, but I heard quite a bit. Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5534
how is that charging system of yours...

cuz i know with close to 5000wRMS going in your car you have an upgraded charging system.....right:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I am looking for a HO alt right now, and I'm upgrading the big 3 and I have a kinetics battery in the trunk. So what should I do?, any amp sugestions or do you think I should go with the 5000D?, I would like to stay a little under the price for the 5000D, since I have to upgrade everything.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5540
so yu are going to spend an A** load on a 5000D to power some Mojo's??

if i were you i would get a different sub....do oyu really need 5000wRMS on 2 12's??

i would get a 15" and throw that 2400D on it.
preferably an AudioQue HD3....in about a 4.5-5cube box tuned to 35-38....should be more than enough.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1584
aren't those 2400d only 1200wrms?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5544
ahhhhh there in lies the problem...i am not the amp king...lolol

so...go get an Orion 2500D...and an AudioQue HD3....and be King©

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I was talking about selling the 2400D and getting the 5000D for just the one MOJO and not getting the other one, sorry its not that clear up there, and yes they are only 1200wrms.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5547
you can do that.

if you do do that however....you will need to upgrade to an HO alt. which you said you are investigating at the moment.:-)

so good luck!

btw, what are the 12" mojo's rated at?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
1000rms and 2000 peak, but i have heard that they can handle alot more then that. so i would be pushing about 2500 watts to it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5553
hmmmmm i haven't had that much experience with Memphis mojo's so be careful with over 2.5 times the RMS rating...i could see if it was Treo or DD or Atomic...but i am not certain with memphis.

set your gains right!!!:-)

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1585
don't you think 1500wrms over might be a bit much? i was thinking of getting a mojo a while back and was told to give it 1200-1500wrms by memphis.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
No I dont intend to put all the power to it, I am just getting that much power in case I decied to get another one or a different setup, sorry for all the confusion....lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Oh and one more thing will running 1/0 gauge wire verse 5 gauge make a diff?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1590
yeah.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6537
when running anything over 1500 watts for any length of run 0 guage is highly reccomended. I agree with Muddy get rid of that sub and throw your 2400d on it.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 615
Yea.. I'd get a new sub as well.. That mojo would be very unlikely to handle that much power like muddy said, only a few subs can handle that much power over their RMS.. RE recommends 1000-1200wrms for the SX but people run those at 1800-2500wrms.. You'd be suprised how loud a single 15" in a good enclosure can get with only 1200wrms. With the right equipment and install you can see mid to high 140s with a single 15" 1200wrms..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5562
definitely...if you are going to invest money in a better amp....get a sub that is capable of hadnling the power for a long time:-)

check out the Audioque subwoofer lineup.

they are very loud, clean drivers and relatively cheap for the performance....DD is their father company.

the prices are on the website under the check out menu.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us