Need help on picking a new system

Username: Drummer_guy000

Harrodsburg, Kentucky USA

Post Number: 2
I'm starting to go to speaker competitions in my 2000 mitsubishi eclipse rs and my cheap sony sysem isn't cutting it. I woiuld like to pul over 140 db in my car. Im debating on two systems but am open to suggestions. I am more worried about spl but would like some sql. My price range is from 500$-1500$. i already bought infinity kappa series 6.5 and 6x9 3 way speakers because audiobahn is impossible to get for atleast 3 months, plus i heard great things about their door speakers.

I'm open to suggestions on a system i would love to have 3 12inch subs, I like the way they look.

Audiobahn

subs- 3 alum12n
amp- a2300hct amp

or

infinity

subs- 2 kappa perfect 12dvq

amp- infinity referance series 1211a

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1529
just spl go audiobahn, sound like shi_t and tend to blow easiliy but they do get loud. infinity has nice sq but i wouldn't recommend them if you tend to compete. is your budget for just the subs or subs/amps?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4709
I'm with ctmike, Infinity isn't for SPL.

Why is Audiobahn your only other option?

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1191
you're going to have a tough time getting results on that budget and with those speakers. I would invest in a trio of Stereo INtegrity BM subs and get the Sundown Audio 1500.1 amp. That should do quite nicely in a good ported box.

Post Number: 3
audiobahn was just a system i looked upp. i'm open to sugestions on other brands. The budget is for sub's and amp. I dont want a asytem thats gonna destroy itself afte a few weeks. I want somthin that will last as a dailyuse drivin but can be used for comopetitions. I want 140DB atleast in my car

Post Number: 4
audiobahn was just a system i looked upp. i'm open to sugestions on other brands. The budget is for sub's and amp. I dont want a asytem thats gonna destroy itself after a few weeks. I want somthin that will last as a dailyuse drivin but can be used for comopetitions. I want 140DB atleast in my car
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us