Box questions

Bronze Member
Username: Mendonmafia

Mendon, Ny Usa

Post Number: 52
How critical is box braceing? is it still nessicary if i use 1" thick MDF. and which way do i face my subs towards the back or front. i can fold my rear seats down some times if i dont have ppl in the back. and also is the Digital design porting rule a good rule for all subs or just theirs. and and last should i stuff my box with poly or no. infinity says to stuff a 1.75 cuft ported box with 1 inch of poly on all sides. im going to be building a 2.5 to 3 cubic foot ported box for 2 infinity kappa perfect 12.1 single voice coils. if i stuff it alot like 2 or 3 inches on all sides will that make a 2.5 cuft box seem like a 3.5 cu ft box. i dont have any experience with box stuffing. and if i should stuff how do i keep all the stuffing from coming apart.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4753
if you use 1" mdf then i don't think bracing is necessary. especially for those subs in the size box you describes.

polyfill in ported boxes? i've never heard of anyone trying that out.

Bronze Member
Username: Mendonmafia

Mendon, Ny Usa

Post Number: 54
yea i thought if was very strange myself but infinity calls for a 1.75 cu ft ported box with 1 inch thick poly on all sides i guess ill just screw it and make the 3.5 cubic foot box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us