Old subwoofer

Username: Stevensaturn

Post Number: 1
I was given a rockford/phosgate 60 watt 2 channel amp and a collins subwoofer box with a 8 inch JL audio sub. I installed it in my son's saturn sl1 and it worked great !!! recently the battery went dead and the car was jump started, now the sub will not work.
The power fuse from the battery is good, I have power to the amp and the amp light is on, I have power to the sub and the fuse to the sub box is good, but no sound ? This is my first installation I know I may have done something wrong but have had zero trouble until the jump start. Any help out there would be great. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 450
Have you tried messing with the HU? Since the battery died, the head unit would have reset itself and you need to readjust it.

What kind of HU is it?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4126
Tell me if you ever figure out what the problem is, this isn't the first time I've seen this happen. Most of the time it's because the head unit needs to be reset as said above, but i'd like to know if there are other things causing it.

By the way, allowing a lead acid battery to discharge completely causes permanent damage, it might need to be replaced.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 402
This happened to me but the battery was shot. Got a Yellow Top and I never had any more problems.

Username: Stevensaturn

Post Number: 2
The head unit is 200 watt sony I would think it was the battery but the car starts so I'm not clear on how that works
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us