Atomic amp HELP

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 360
im gettin a atomic apxx 18 subwoofer and im needin alot of power to make this thoing hit 160 to low 170 db's i have a escalade so im buildin a huge box for it u think i should port it? anyways im wonderin what amps i should get for it that wouldnt cost over 1000$ i wanna be able to reach 170's in db or is that possible with this sub? what amps should i run im goin to start entering alot of sound compititions around here in arkansas missiouri and tennessee

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1517
170 db's?? ur nuts gettin it to 150 its hard for most of the pople, 160 its fakin hard u need tons of power and good damn box, wiht that woofer u can hit aroun in the mid 150 with like 2 atomic 5000.1 straped to that single woofer in a good boxported,

i personally dont think ull be hittin 170's i can beilve u can get into the 160 but it will take tons of power plus a big @ss box tuned at your car peak freq,

ur comparin l7's right?? well to hit 150 it will take 2 l7's in a damn good box and like 1k rms to each subwoofer but u will have to be damn good box builder and it will be hard, u can easily hit 150 with 4 15 l7's for daiyly drivin but the atomic will be asily hit 150 with some good power and a good box and it will be louder or pretty much the same as 4 17's for daily drivin.

dude with 170 db's u can make your heart stop, 160 u can do that too and it will be hard to breat and u can even die there hahha thats wat u want your on your own

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
lol lilrob i dont wanna die i just want some big boom lol and im thinkin about just addin a another 15 L7 and gettin a dual probox for it i think they are good boxes ill send the website but they only show dual 12's so im gonna show u that but that make them for 15's and u think i can hit mid 150's if i get a new big alternator and use a 2000t modeal rockford fosgate amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
heres the site of the 12's ....they make them for 15's but there not on the website tell me what u think http://www.proboxrocks.com/superbass/212SQSPB.shtml

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1240
imo i'd get a nice box built before getting a pre-fab. and you'll definately have to upgrade your charging system for all that.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1529
with the l7's u can hit around 14's to 145's maximun if u relly know how to install woofers u can hit 150 easily with 2 or 3 15 but definately ur best option its the apxx with a single orion 2500d for everyday drivin. and u can hit around 145's with that set up easily

u know if u have 150 db's set up for everyday drivin it get anoying??? it will be dificult to breat and feel like sh1t

i had my 18 inch sx with 1500 watts i was hittin 145.9 and it felt like sh!t it has hard to hear the voice from the artist, it has hard to breat, too much pressure etc. so i removed my 18 inch sx and its in my garange. if ur interested contact me, but yeah loudness get real anoyying. plus when i ride with a cute lady she always get scare and sometimes shes afraid to get into my truck so thats why i removed my sx

Silver Member

Post Number: 371
lol damn u gettin ladies scared i got 2 girls that wont ride with me nomore cuz that one L7 so when i get them i gotta take dads caddy cts but what all upgrades will i need to get? and who makes 18" sx?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1536
u never heard re audio?????? fakk dude ur nutsss read the post from the 18 inch set up in some accord heres my video with only 600 and look closely and ulls ee my sterring wheel move like sh!t and the roof the thing u can see them moving too much because the camera has some moving stabalizer or something like that,

teh re audio sx its a very good sub but now it cost like hell around 600 im selling it for around 350 but i need to go for show off than loudness because of my new escalade

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1537
http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/REAudio/sx18.7.wmv

re audio sx one of the best sql woofers will beat l7's easily wat a great sub ask ople here or other forums and ull see the re audio sx why people luv them so much

Silver Member

Post Number: 372
lol damn u gettin ladies scared i got 2 girls that wont ride with me nomore cuz that one L7 so when i get them i gotta take dads caddy cts but what all upgrades will i need to get? and who makes 18" sx?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1540
oh read the tread " system metered in tl"

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
damn lil rob u bumpin...post some pics of it when u get time and whats the specs of the sub?

u should just put that in your slade

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1548
Upload

thats me and my 18 inch sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
how many rms do u need to run on it and how much will it hold

o yea u should get a licence on the front of your escalade like mine i get alot of comments on it

"got lade?"

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1549
na i got brush painted "big pimpin with a big crown in it" in my ol 99 caddilac escalade

u only need 1000 rms but with 1200 will be fine

Silver Member

Post Number: 384
yea i have a 1000 memphis class d amp it suppose to put out 1100 watts at 1 ohm will this amp work with your sub?

how many rms watts was u puttin on that 18

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
ill pay 300$ cash for it right now

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1550
na man this subs u can get it for 600 im planning to blow it send it to re audio and receive a new one, plus 300 its not wort it for thsi sub if u have 350 plus shippin i may sell it but im not sure, this its a great sub and im not 100% tat im gonna sell it too loud and great sq

Silver Member

Post Number: 386
alright gotcha so will my memphis 1000 class d amp work with that 18 or not?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1551
well my sub its dual 2 ohm, u can wire at 1 ohm or 4 ohm if ur amp can put 11000 at 1 ohm will be prety good but i recomedn 1500 for best results but 1000rms its the optimal for my sx
www.reaudio.com golook there and look for sx and like i said again look on other tread like sub in an accord or system meteren tl and a few more veryone know that the sx its a great sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 387
how many rms watts was u pushin in that video?

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 349
btw that was my ride in that post he mentioned.. it did do 145.7 on a TL under the dash. that was with a box just tuned to 35hz and the sub was a fresh re-cone not even broke in.... that night there were two L7s that hit 150.1 but they were only seeing 850rms each. THe only other things there that were related as good would be the two 12 XXX hitting 149 and two SI Mag 12s hitting in the 149s. Comp was not too good of a turn out but I was just in it to get my car metered but the SX ended up dominating in my class. I ran in the 0-400 amatuer.. they base classes off RMS rating @ 4ohms (350rms for me) .. The loudest to the SX in my trunk class was 142.9 and that was put up by two audiopipe 15"s. You can't go wrong with the SX.. I just sold my extra one though for $240

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1553
why did u sold it?????

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1554
i might sell it but wat if later on i decide to get the sx 18 inch??? it will be hard to get good prices i will have to pay around 550 or so with low prices, plus there are no dealers in chicago, so the lowest price i can get a 18 inch sx its 550 plus shippin or around 600 so im not sure but if i get a good offer i might sell it

Silver Member

Post Number: 388
where them L7's 15's?........im thinkin about gettin another L7 and buyin a RF t2000 amp

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 350
they were 12s in an ext cab s-10.. and lilrob i sold my other SX cuz i can't fit two SX in my jetta in a proper enclosure without taking out my back seat :-( .. the l7s will get louder than the single SX .. but if you ever heard one in person you'd change your mind... they are some great sql drivers.. i like to listen to rap and rock and even the large 15 keeps up with some fast beats and sounds clear. amazed me

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1557
yes u right the l7's are great for spl but it get anoying teh square design make stress points in the woofers makin it not good for sq and ull get tired

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 352
not only that they have a problem tearing away from the spiders .. but heh.. you get what you pay for and if your all in for spl things are going to break anyway..

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1559
yup i never liked the aquare design it sounds like sh!t my bahns sound even better and louder but those l7's sounds like sh!t but they get pretty loud but loud doesnt mean its better

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1561
yup i never liked the aquare design it sounds like sh!t my bahns sound even better and louder but those l7's sounds like sh!t but they get pretty loud but loud doesnt mean its better

Silver Member

Post Number: 391
true they spl sub but i think round just has better sq

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1265
there's round subs that'll get louder than the l7, also the square design does tend to lead to them tearing at the corners due to the stress points. that's why kicker is one of the few companies that sells remanufactured subs so often, they have to replace a persons l5 or l7 cause they tear, then kicker sells them after fixing them. not a good sign when sub shopping.

Silver Member

Post Number: 393
i like square i have hade some punch fosgates subs in my regualr cab 99 gmc sierre it sounded real good but it wasnt that loud because of the space....is there anyway to get subs to be loud in a regular cab truck?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us