Kicker s15l7

Bronze Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 25
Hey guys i was wondering how loud a kicker s15l7 would sound hooked up to a memphis prd 1000.1 amp running @ 1000 rms. its what i plan on hooking up to my eclipse but i wanna make sure it sounds good.

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 153
hey today i just went with a buddy of mine to buy a 15" l7 and at 500 rms its easily louder than 2 12" type r's he had b4

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 268
i have a 2006 15 L7 powered by a memphis 1100 class d amp yea it sounds really really good get it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
hey what kinda box should i put the s15l7 into to make it hit the loudest and deepest?? ported or sealed

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 575
ported

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1458
tyler... how's the memphis now? hahaha i told ya, is great

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
its weird juliob i hooked up the memphis to the sub when i got it back and it didnt pound that much at all so i unhooked everything and hooked it back up and the memphis POUNDED HARD! that mother F*ucker was makin my eyes shake but i had it on for about hour or 2 then i went inside and everything let the amp kinda cool down 4 hours later i went thrue town for some odd reason the sub was bettin harder and i messed with my crossover and i had it hittin hard i love it memphis is the way to go .....the 15 really sounds good to sounds like it dont miss a beat

Silver Member

Post Number: 277
yes nicky go ported you will be happy dont forget to get the memphis 1000 class d....also dont make my first mistake use 4 gauge wire

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
yea tyler, i already have the memphis prd 1000.1 and the 06 kicker s15l7 at my house. Im gettin it installed friday i believe. So i should def. go ported? Is it louder or deeper or what compared to the sealed box. also in the amp paperwork i thought it said to use 0 gauge wire, ?? or should i use 4. Thanks bro

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
u think id need to upgrade my electrical sys. too?

Silver Member

Post Number: 283
i have a escalade and im using 4 gauge and i have my box ported i have heard 15 L7 sealed they sound good but no as good as ported but u need to get a box made of the specs of your sub and be sure to make it big cause iv heard some l7's sealed and not in a big box sound like crap but go 4 gauge wire and deff go ported that amp goes really good with 15 L7.......also i have a capicitor on mine...u dont haft to have one if u dont care about your lights dimmin and brighting but i have a 1 farad capacitor on mine and thats all u need to know man tell me when u get it hooked up and how it sounds

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
alright i will, do you think that setup, ported and all would fit in the back of my eclipse?

Silver Member

Post Number: 288
oh yea man dont worry about the room u got pleny of room i had a friend that had 2 15's ported in his eclipse what year is yours?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
2001 gt , just got it i want it to bump, obv not as much as 2 15's lol but u know

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
http://www.proboxrocks.com/superbass/115SQSPB.shtml check that site out man its got probox thats what u need to sound really good im gettin one next week for my 15 they make the bass come out deeper and sound alot better.........but get all your wires ready to go and post some pics when u get done i wanna see it i think this box will fit measure it tommrow if u get a chance cuz this box will sound GREAT in the eclipse
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us