3 12's vs 1 ????

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2322
i have a 12'' alpine type r right now in a 1.25 cuft sealed box off an alpine mrd 605 but my friend wants to sell me his 3 12'' jl w1v2's in box with a jl 500/1 for $450..... 1st of all is this a good deal ? and 2nd would these 3 out bump the 1 r ?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1289
if the jl audios are ina portded or or jl audio box definatly will destroy ur single type r and if they are sealed they will destroy your type r too and those jl will have so much better sq

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2323
ok i figured 3 against 1 wouldnt compare much

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2324
anyone else have opinions

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 260
save your money and keep your R there wont be much of a noticeable difference if any at all the R would prob be louder then those JL's and would have better quality the w1 are jl lower ones they wont have as high quality as the R. Lilrob is full of it hes sayin audiobanh is better then pioneer no frekin way hes also sayin a sony 6by9 is more bass then pioneer subs your dreamin buddy and also port your R its more of SPL sub then SQ port it to 35 Hz that thing would just pound or keep it in sealed whichever u prefer

Bronze Member
Username: Sgtibitoski

Clarkston, MI USA

Post Number: 50
type r is more sq then spl

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 261
no its not its alpines SPL sub they said so themselves it just has nice SQ to type X is more sq then SPL type R is more SPL then SQ but still sounds nice

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1026
Increase the size of your box and add another Type R. Sorry but the W1 series is entry level and does more on par with the Type S. It does not do as well as the TR on the low end. I have been selling these at my other job for some time now and the W1 is not on the same level as the TR. Now the W3v3 is right there with the TR but the TR in a good enclosure and good amount of power and it is a good SQL sub much better than the W1 series.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8333
my 2 cents

would u rather be lugging around 3 so/so 12s than 1 good 12 which is lighter & occupies less space

also port that R around 33hz with 1.65-1.8cuft & that sub will sooo come 2 life , u will def be MORE happier with it ......

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1252
Andy F....u are a f*ckin moron how in the hell are u gunna say tht the type R is more spl then sq.....its the exact opposite.....do u think b4 u even type.....plz do research u are one of the reasons why no one comes to this site cuz u make up BS and give misleading information.........last time i checked 35hz is not an sq port.....try around 28-33hz....ur more full of sh*t then james bond......do us a favor and DO NOT POST unless u know wut ur talkin bout....and by wut ive seen u dont no jack!!!!

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2325
do you huys think that a 15'' cvr would be louder than a 12'' type r both in sealed boxes powered by an alpine mrd 605

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2326
nevermind im getting really tored of just messing around with these smaller setups ... i want to try to do 2 15'' rl-ps and call it a day

Bronze Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 63
get another type r and put it in a ported box and tune it to whatever somebody up here says

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2327
i would rather have 2 15'' rl-p's over 2 12'' type r's

Silver Member
Username: Sweet_subs

Memphis, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 118
hmmm what would eb the logical answer would u reathre hear just 1 sub or 3 and it depends on what kind of power u give them if it is reall low the type r would soud better but if u give them the same the 3 are gunna be louder
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us