Silver Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 222
hi . who is better ?

sound splinter RL-p 2 12" SEALED
Sound splinter RL-p 1 15" PORTED
Ascendant audio arsenal 2 12" SEALED
Ascendant audio arsenal 1 15" PORTED

Please tell me which will have the great sound quality and great Bass.. I want SQL..

So Help Me Out Here

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2710
no matter what u pic out of those ur gonna have great SQL

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 446
prolly AA

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1123
nope rl-p are absoluty sq woofer, and they require to tune ur enclousure to 18-26 hz for sw but if u want loud tune it to 32 and it will get loud whiule retaining pretty good sq i think soundsplinter are better

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
i said help me out here not confuse me even further.. lol thanks for your opinions ..
PLEASE KEEP YOUR OPINIONS COMING
Thank you

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 390
15" arsenal ported tuned to 28 hz will be perfect. it is great at low volumes and gets plenty loud.

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
what about at high volumes.. will the sound be messed up. or will it still sound great..
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 393
it sounds good. make sure you have some good door speakers or the sub will over power your vocals.

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
what if i tune it to 33-35 hz would that give me more bass while keeping good sound quality?
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 396
probably be a little louder, but you might be missing out on the extremely low bass that that woofer is designed for.

don't tune it over 35 or it will sound bad.

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
No i wasn't even thinking of going over 35.. i will probabily tune it to 33.. One more question .. do you know how to tune a box without using those online calculators.?
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
what's wrong with the online calculators?

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
Ok.. how do u tune a box with exact dimensions..
height. Width. Depth.
The online calculators don't ask for depth and when i put the numbers in it gives me a BIG depth..
how would u tune 1 15" arsenal box to 33 hz with the following dimensions. 30 inches wide 18 inches High and 15 inches of depth. I wanna keep these exact dimensions.
So how do i do it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 399
this is for a slot port which is what the guy at aa reccomends for the arsenal 15;

3" wide port would need to be 27" long measured down the middle.

2.5" wide port would need to be 22" long measured down the middle.

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
so the depth is 15 inches .. so i can go down about 10 inches and turn it . and keep it going until i get 27 inches.?

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
another question.. how did this guy these numbers.?
can you kinda explain some idea of tuning ? i really don't know ? so it will be very kind of u if u can help me...

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1126
OK JOE BLACK UR ASKIN WAT TUNE FREQENSY IS BEST FOR YOU RIGHT?

the proper tunin frequency depends on your taste and transfer function of your veicle or resonant freqensy of your veicle,the resonant freqensy is the way ur car act or effects on acoustics that the sound makes on your veicle, (each veicle has diferent resonant freqensis),like most car produce a clean bump in the bass output of your system at an especific frequensy,(thats why a woofer output will be stronger iin a car than a display in a store).

if ur lookin for bombin (super good bass) bass u should tune ur enclousure to 28-35 hz (dependin how ur woofer reacts), if less boom u want but tigher bass ( for spl applicattion or loudness is your goal witout soundin good)u should tune ur system ur enclousure to 45-65 hz (again dependin how ur woofer will react)

once u determin the target freqensy u will need to go to a enclousure proggram to calculate the port hz or freqensy.

aight i hope i answer ur question joe black but if ur gonna start to complain about how i type u better wtf out of here

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1127
my suggestion will be a rl-p in a ported tune it to 30 hz in a 2.5 cb ft box it will sound super good and it will get loud

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1128
go to woofertools.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
Thanks for ur input lilrob.. but i wanted to know how to tune a box if i have the exact dimensions of the box.?

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
okie that website ^^ doesn't work.. check if the website address is correct or not...

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1129
my bad subwooferstools.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
u still got it wrong.. it's subwoofertools.com
not subwooferStools.com
anyways thanks for ur input

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1130
its the same sh!t u got it so build a box if u buy a rl-p tune it to 28 hz u will have amazin bass

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 990
MORE IMPORTANTLY HOW MUCH POWER ARE YOU GOING TO BE PUTTING TO THESE? IF YOU'RE UNDERPOWERING THE SUBS I'D GO WITH PORTED 15 BUT I WOULD PREFER DUAL 12 WITH ABOUT 800RMS ON EACH SUB. YOU'LL HAVE AMAZING BASS AT ALL FREQUENCIES AND YOUR OUTPUT SHOULD BE FINE. TUNING THE RL-P HIGH EVEN AT 33HZ WILL BE MISSING ALOT OF THEM. FOR TUNINGS THAT HIGH JUST GET A KICKER CVR SINCE THEY'RE BUILT FOR HIGH TUNING.

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 192
Alter, so your saying you would get 2 12" rl-ps? What size box would you put them in and have you heard them before?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us