System Upgrade

Username: Runit3

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 3
I need some advice on choosing 2 10" subs. To put this in context I already have an 1800XL MA wired @ 2ohms 1100wRMS (can handle up to 1600w). I want to add 2 more 10's to the mix to hit the higher freq's and to add alot of db's. (this system is going to be in comps all summer). I was looking @ MA's HK100XC's (500rms 1000max). I have never dealt with 10"s before and I need the best sound quality and response mixed with the most true db's. Generally speaking 1kw for a 10" is a damn good amount but I have never heard these in action. I'm not picky about staying within the same brand because all my amps are hifonics. Both 10's have to be in sealed enclosures cuz all of this is going to be crammed into my chargers trunk (a good amount, but not for 3 subs :-() If anyone has some good 10" suggestions I would appreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 366
jl w7 or w6

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4
Forgot to mention my budget is around $300 for both subs so any JL is out. (Which is why I have a permanent grudge againts their products)

Bronze Member
Username: Sgtibitoski

Clarkston, MI USA

Post Number: 29
you can get 2 10" w3v2's for $320 at wooferetc.com

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 5
If I ever was going to get anything JL it would be the W6/7 series. Nothing really compares in the lower end line of their stuff (W6 down kinda sucks, and not really for comp use) :-( If you knew where I could find 2 10" W6's for the same price THAT would be usefull. ;)

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2039
alright you have me confused you want to compete but yet you only have 300 for both subs then you want to put them in a sealed box and to top it off you only want 10" so ya it might sound good but you won't be competing anywhere except your driveway unless you come up with somemore money or some more space.

and also mixing subs does not sound good at all they cancel each other out and sounds really sloppy bad idea unless you are like amazing at x-over's

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 10
So then screw both 10"s and buy another 18? It would be a real tight fit, but it's do-able

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2043
yes thats what i would do but i would just save up some more money and buy better subs if you know what i mean

Bronze Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 11
what would you rec. for 18"s ? and as a side-note I'm fairly sure I could get the 18 down on a xover to consistently under 80hz and play the 10"s over 120hz, hopefully giving both enough room not to cancel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us