!! Shaine, Rovin, SPD Please Help !!

Silver Member
Username: Aman2005

Post Number: 141
Hello Shaine, Rovina and SPD,
First of all thanks to SPD for specifying my the box dimesnions. I dont have a lot of money to spend on the enclosure. SO I don't want to take the risk.
Please upload a diagramatic measurements or a rough sketch specifying the dimensions for a ported enclosure tunes at 32 - 35 hz for my TWO TYPE R's 10". 4 ohm.
I was unable to understand the way to make a ported enclosre for the type r. My trunk size is aprrox as follows

*deep - 6 to 8 feet, from the trunk opening to the back of rear seat

*wide - 5 - 6 feet. from left tail light to right

not sure about height, because forgot to measure and its night here can open the trunk, parents'll kill me, its tool late here. anyways, but a sub of 15" can be easily fitted with still some space left.
Please draw and upload a rough drawing for the enclosure. I'll be really thankful to you

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 742
what kind of car do you have?

dude, why do you want me help... there are guys on here that laugh at ever post i make because idk what im talking about half the time...

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 743
what VC are they? im guessin make it like 1.5 per woofer and go from there... maybe 2feet per woofer

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 358
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=39&Eh=16&Dia=6&Xmax=12.64& Vd=0.07065972&NumW=2&Vb=4&Fb=32&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

use this site. just type in your specs. this is what mine will look like when i build it^^^^^.

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
whatever the guys post here about you, you are the helping person and most probably, you know a lot about car audio.
Anyways, that are dual VC 10".
Steven, whats the XMAx of 10" type are which I have to enter there?? I mean on the site u recomended

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
I have a hatch back. Dont exactly kow the trunk size, but on the broucher and manual of the car, its 18 cu ft.
Please tell me the displacement per subwoofer and XMAX of type R pair 10" 4 ohm DVC

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 752
the xmax of the 10 R is probably like 10-14mm.. that box Steve made looked good

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
Optimum Vented Box
External Box Dimensions: 12.5" x 14.5" x 17.25"
Gross Internal Volume: 1.3 cu.ft
Vent Area (dimensions): 11sq.in. (11" x 1")
Vent Length: 22 in.
Vent Displacement: .0.237 cu.ft.
Net Internal Volume (Vb)**: 1 cu.ft.
F3, ripple, Fb: 30Hz, 3.5dB, 36Hz

* Based upon 3/4" (19mm) baffle thickness.
** Includes all internal driver and vent displacement, based upon 3/4" (19mm) MDF construction and standard front mounting.

I found these dimension on alpine canada's website. Can someone please illustrate it using a skect so i can start building the box as soon as possible.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 756
thast just for 1 woofer? so then just double that for the 2:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
well, i couldnt understand that which is width height and depth. Actually when I assume it to be w x h x d, and enter in to the site recomended by steven, the diagram displayed is a weird one

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 782
i could never EVER figure out how to do ports, thats why i always go sealed... LOL

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8137
since ur a newb y dont u kepp it simple & build a pvc port box

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

^^^ all u have 2 do is enter dimentions u think would fit ur car & enter tuning freq , 33/34hz will be good .

u cannot ask 4 a easier solution than my link ....

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 487
top'bottom 30x23 side'side 23x9.5 divider 9.5x22.25 back 9.5x28.5 front 11x30 both ports 9.5x20 do the box like this but it wont have a 2nd port in the bac but put the fron ton last http://i6.tinypic.com/14btg6v.jpg

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
Rovin thanks for the suggestion. As you said, its a easiest method for a newbie. Anyways,
on the Alpine Canada webpage, they suggested a vented box dimensions, I think they are for a single woofer, right? If so, I have a pair, will I have to make two ports? how far should they from the sub woofers?the recomendatio is as follows:
Optimum Vented Box
External Box Dimensions: 12.5" x 14.5" x 17.25"
Gross Internal Volume: 1.3 cu.ft
Vent Area (dimensions): 11sq.in. (11" x 1")
Vent Length: 22 in.
Vent Displacement: .0.237 cu.ft.
Net Internal Volume (Vb)**: 1 cu.ft.
F3, ripple, Fb: 30Hz, 3.5dB, 36Hz

* Based upon 3/4" (19mm) baffle thickness.
** Includes all internal driver and vent displacement, based upon 3/4" (19mm) MDF construction and standard front mounting.

ALSO, ON THE 12VOLT PAGE YOU SUGGESTED, THE IMAGE IS SHOWN FOR A RECTANGULAR BOX, WHICH IS THE MOUNTING SURFACE? I MEAN ON WHICH SIDE SHOULD THE WOOFER BE MOUNTED, SO I CAN LOOK FURTHER FOR THE ENCLOSURE DESIGN.
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
Also, when I calculate the internal volume of the rectangular box by doubling the recomended measurements of the ecnlsoure, so I can fit two subs, the resulting figure comes is 12.34158 CU FT.
Is that fine?? and when I enter that calculated volume in the port length calculator, the fig was -0.83298

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8154
have u ever seen my install ? it will give u some ideas

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/189456.html

im not familiar with ur trunk space u ur gonna have 2 figure out what will fit

even thou 12volts show dimention for 1 box u simply build ur box as its 1 box with a separating bord in the middle ,
so really its simply as dubling the total lenght but other 2 dimentions remaining the same

pvc port should be on same surface side when sub is being mounted & each sub MUST have its own port

NOTE - when u input volume notice how the length of pipe required 4 the freq is cause if u build the box too shallow then u will end up in SH!T . When ur port is in leave @ least 2" of space from end of port to back inside wall of box .

play around with the calculator till u get the dimentions suitable 4 ur port length/freq & trunk space ...

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 800
hey Rovin, how many boxes have you made for your R's? how many watts is yoru amp pushing out? would you buy your bro's power acoustic amp because it made your R's sound better

Sorry for changin your thread Aman Singh

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
OKKK,
My mistake, I doubled all the figures.
I think only width will be doubled right|?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8155
AMAN - u have 2 double THE LENGTH ONLY ...

Shaine - i have 2 sets of boxes i made which i had from my previous pioneer 306 subs

set u see in my install is 1.65cuft which was tuned 34hz - recently modded it slightly & im getting almost same bass output possibly more with each getting only 200wrms (off my 4 chan alpine amp) than when i had my mb quart amp giving it 500wrms each . Will run a thread on that later when i carpet it over & my bro brings his digital cam so dont bug me 4 details as yet -lol !.

2nd box set is 1 box wit 2 chambers , 1.88cuft in each chamber , had it @ 31HZ = seriously deep SQL bass , gonna mod that 1 2day too .

With both sets of boxes i often changed out the pipe 2 see which freq i liked best = 33/34hz = nice SQL ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
Rovin, I am uploading a sketch of the design, tell me if any alteration required. Also, I have bought Hifonics Brutus 1000D Amp for my two type Rs, will it be able to pound the Rs??Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us