Looking for suggestions for mounting speakers..

Username: John_doe69

Post Number: 5
I just bought a '97 Checy Silverado Extended Cab and need to mount my 6x9s in the rear (I know they're not subs but boxes gotta be made). The only good place seems to be on the sides. I would like to make them not too conspicuous and if at all possible to look like the truck came with them.

Pics of the areas are attached so you can see the actual locations I'd like to mount them.
Any suggestions would be a big help. The door handles don't need to stay and could even be mounted on top of any speaker boxes installed.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Upload
Upload
Upload

Post Number: 6
This is what I came up with so far...
Photo 1 is the area to be cut out and Photo 2 is the shape of the box. The top is for the 6x9 and the bottom is a Glove Box type compartment utilizing the pocket insert that is already there.

I'm thinking of making it out of Lucite and painting it to match the plastic around it.
Should I leave the back open to use the door's larger cavity for deeper Bass or seal the box?

Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Brycew7

B.C., B.C.

Post Number: 46
i don't think it is worth the work of going through and customizing the door panel for some 6x9's. just my thought. maybe underneath the rear seats facing the front of the truck?

Post Number: 7
Thanks for the reply Bryce j, They sound good and really put out sound. 260W (peak) Pioneer 4-way 6x9s. Lots of bass, mid and high end. I removed my 8" subs from the rear and just ran these in the front doors of the conversion van I had a while back. They sound good loud.

Anyway, do you think the enclosure illustrated above would work? Oh yeah, there is a floor-mounted box for the jack under the right side of the bench. I could only make a box big enough for one speaker that'd fit under the bench.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us