Audiovox

Bronze Member
Username: Gangstafert

Post Number: 67
i have an audiovox flip out dvd/cd HU i havnt got it hooked up yet is this a good Hu.

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 81
Model number?? It'd be helpful to know the specs, but as a rule Audiovox isn't exactly at the top of the quality car audio list.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
its the pav1510dtv

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2294
audiovox makes HU's?? i'd stick with Alpine, Pioneer, Eclipse or Kenwood for a decient HU. you really don't want to skimp on a source unit, especially a DVD unit with lots of movable parts..

i've read somewhere that Jensen and Audiovox used to be or are owned by the same company or something like that. Jensen is pretty bad, so if they are in fact made by the same people, i'd stay away from both brands.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
well i already have it and my friend has the same one and hasnt had any problems with it, i will just see how it goes i guess because i dont really have the money to invest in a new one right now.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
well i already have it and my friend has the same one and hasnt had any problems with it, i will just see how it goes i guess because i dont really have the money to invest in a new one right now.

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 83
In all reality, since you already have it, the only way to find out if it's any good would be to go ahead and use it for a while. It's not like it's doing any harm, and if it works to your standards then great. Just like all audio/video equipment, if it looks/sounds fine to YOU then great.

In terms of features it's not a bad unit. It could use another set of preouts and higher preamp voltage, but for the price you can't really complain. Bottom line is, like I said, you'll get better quality, more features and a longer lifespan from the brands Brandon mentioned but it's not hurting you any to install the Audiovox and see how long it lasts you. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us