Hookin the amp in the house...

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 404
i want to use my amp off my home stereo, but the sub outs on the steareo are just the wire outs, i want to use this for the RCA outs to the amp, can i do that, if i can what do i do?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 360
i asked that same question, no one answerd me either

Bronze Member
Username: Chevy4life

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 81
ya there was a thread awhile ago that answered that question. you can do it but it takes some electrical knowlage. try looking it up on the net.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 302
i dont think you can do that becasue it sounds like the wires coming out power a home sub. so those wires have alot more output then you could get from a HU puting out the signals threw the rcas. maybe you could try to use a line out converter to get the signal to the amp

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 367
wait, if you did this, could you trim down the numbmer of wires in them, so then it would be carrying less current? like lets say (for example) there are 20 copper wires in the RCA. could you pull them out to have like 10 wires or so so it would be carrying less current?

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 951
U could probably buy a car audio lineout converter, wire it in then plug the RCA's to the other end.
They cost about $25 at best buy.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 308
shaine that wouldnt by jsut making the wire smaller. because the stero wich is sending out the signal is ment to power the sub so its still going to send out the same amount of power, just because the wire is smaller doesnt mean the stero will send out less power. it will send the same amount but the smaller wire will get hotter and could melt and short and all of that fun stuff.

thats like saying if you have a amp that does 1000rms at 1ohm and your feeding it 0 gauge wire it will give you 1000rms, but then if you put 8 guage on it it will give you alot less power.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 377
but thats howit works, because of the resistance and stuff, the amount of watts is leassand.... but then again i saw it at this audio shop, and they said if you try and run 1600RMS off a 4 gauge wire your getting less because the wire can't hold all the amps and watts for it to stay that high... but idk
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us