Ok opinion. i know its ok to like more than one brand

Bronze Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 27
what head unit is ur favorite and that you think is best at every way and no other hu brand would beat it.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigsim

Post Number: 76
You'll get a few different responses to this question (mainly alpine, clarion, pioneer premier etc.). Search the forums for others' takes on it, I'm sure you'll find it helpful.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3474
i am not going to say that Pioneer is the best....b/c its not. but it is my favorite brand.
i like their menu layouts, and the design of their HU's.....minus the big g.a.y. one-button-designs. lol

Clarion, Alpine, Eclipse....etc. make VERY nice HU's as well.....just not my cup of tea when it comes to Audio settings and desing layout.

I would stay away From Sony, JVC, Kenwood, Panasonic, can't think of any others....but i have seen and heard a few of those models....i wasn't impressed, but i am sure their top-of-the-line stuff is nice.....minus Panasonic. haha:-)

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3022
This is sounding like another Alpine F#1 thread...so I'll just say it to get it out of the way...the Alpine DVI-9990, TMI-M990, or CDA-7990 would probably be the top headunits ever. The Pioneer DEX-P9 combined with the DEQ-P9 is an extremely nice setup as well.

Bronze Member

California

Post Number: 29
good opinions there, i just notice that alot of people here in this furum likes pioneer can blame them.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3499

quote:

The Pioneer DEX-P9 combined with the DEQ-P9 is an extremely nice setup as well.

just saw that on Pioneer's website yesterday.
i would LOVE to have that setup in my car!!!:-):-)

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 936
Alpine for the most part.

But I always wanted a denon. Do they still make denons anymore?

Bronze Member

California

Post Number: 30
denon is good in making home components but car audio nakamichi kills them, and yes they still make them but very few and japan only

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 938
Ya I have a Denon CD/DVD1000. Its like 5-7 years old.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 121
I personally love Jensen and Jin Tjunj

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 940
What is Jin TJunj?

Bronze Member

California

Post Number: 32
please do not mention jensen here

Bronze Member
Username: Hobbskc

Post Number: 18
I've always like the look and feel of Kenwoods.

What is wrong with Kenwoods?

Bronze Member

California

Post Number: 35
you know what. i respect that opinion kevin, alot of people havent played really with them and so thats why they dont like it, lets not forget they started the srs wow enhance sound, and burr brown 24 bit so tell me kevin is that something that should be ignored, i think theres nothing wrong with kenwood, kenwood is in the same field as every other high end brand out there, and i agree with the looks

Bronze Member
Username: Hobbskc

Post Number: 20
My favorite deck I ever owned was a Kenwood. It was my first high end deck. I don't remember the specs or model number. It was a long time ago.

From what I can recall, it had a flip down face. When the face was up, it was one big led screen. (U know, with the all blue led lights; kenwood style :-) ). And when the face was down (the back side), there were all the controls. Basically, you needed the remote to really enjoy it. It was tight. I had the led set up to display the sound bars* (don't know what you call it).

Had it for about 6 months, then got stolen.

Never could find a Kenwood HU that was the same style. :-(

Damn thieves!

Username: Buckiller

Post Number: 3
I like the cheap Eclipses because of their price/performance and the expensive ones because of all the new technology.

I think the ultimate HU in terms of features (low end) would be the sonys...i wish they were a little better in SQ though...because all those features (7band EQ etc) are nice.

Bronze Member

California

Post Number: 42
i believe what your talking about is the kenwood excelon which is there top of the line division
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us