Complete sub/amp wiring diagram

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Post Number: 116
i have a arsenal 15 and a kicker kx600.1, and was wondering if theres a site that has like a step by step on how to wire a complete system, like sub to amp amp to battery kinda thing, because ive never wired one and think i wanna do it myself
any thing would be appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1503
it's easy if you take your time.

1. Amp to Battery - Run a 4 gauge wire from the battery, put an in-line fuse in it near the battery. Run the wire through the firewall, and in under the door trims (usally best spot) along the inside of the car to the back. You may have to remove your backseat to feed the wire in your trunk.

2. Amp to Ground - Short piece of 4 gauge ground wire, and attach it SECURELY to the metal of your trunk. Be sure to scrape away all paint before the doing it. Best thing to do is but a nut and bolt through the ground.

3. Remote Wire - run the remote wire (blue wire) from the HU to the amp. Run under the door trims aswell

4. RCA's - run rca wires from your HU to your amp the same way you would for your power and remote wire. HOWEVER, be sure to run your RCA's and remote wire on opposite side of the car as you ran your power. This elimates unwanted noise.

5. Not sure the VC config but if it is a 4ohm DVC sub, you wire it like this:

Upload

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1504
hope that helps :-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7917
good job James
- i would have sent him str8 to www.bcae1.com ....lol...

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1508
haha.........it's a lot easier to do it that way, but if your bored like I am, you don't mind writing it all out :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
well thanks alot man, do u have to run RCA wires and remote wires on the oppostie side of the the power wires, cuz it seems like a lot more work butif thats how its supposed to be done i guess ill have to

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1509
well if you don't, you'll have a lot of unwanted noise coming through your sub. It could sound like garbage. IMO, it's worth the bit of hard work to elimate all the noise. Better do it right the first time than having to do it again in the future :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
alright doesnt sound to terribly hard i think i can do it... i hope lol

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1510
nothing too it at all........I thought it would be hard too, but it wasn't at all. Hardest for me was fishing it through the firewall.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
yea im just scared of doing it wrong and like blowing something and wasting all the money i spent on it but i should be ok

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1512
there's nothing to blow up.......just use common sense, like don't connect the power wire to the batter before you run it through your car, lol. Best way to get the wire through the firewall imo is to tape it to a steel wire and push the wire through the hole in the firewall where your other wires are gone through. Then just go inside and untape it and pull it through
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us